Radiator Fan Troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings,

2015 Ram 3500 6.7L Tradesman

This is just something that was a little out of the norm since ive been driving. I pay particular attention to EVERYTHING while im driving. Dont even listen to music. So usually when Im hauling cars, the trailer and two cars are around 16 to 25,000. when I have a 3/4 ton and a little kia the coolant temp does fine, fan kicks on and it stays at like 188 to 200.

On the way to dallas I had a 3/4 ton and small car and i didnt notice anything too out of the ordinary fan kicked on this that and the third.

On the way back i had a two small suv's one was 2200lbs and one was 4000lbs and of course I loaded them accordingly. The coolant temp stayed at round 210 to 215 and my exhaust temp gauge kept trying to climb where I didnt want it which is pass 11.

I was going up hills on the way too and it didnt get that hot and did not do either. im trying to figure out how to test the relays and or get reassurance that this is normal i suppose. I mean, this truck has hauled loads bigger than this with a busted head gasket. Since I got all that fixed its been purring like a kitten. its just that yesterday, Ive never seen it get to 2015 and the fans not kick on once and a while.

Anyone know how to test relays? Fan clutch is brand new.