Radio, heated seats and wheel not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought a RAM Warlock a year ago. Ever since then, the heated seats and steering wheel haven't worked properly. They get Luke warm at best. The Uconnect radio system also doesn't work right. The favorite artist/song feature constantly indicates but when selected, there is no favorite on any station.

I keep bringing this to the attention of my local dealership but they keep saying they can't recreate the problem so they can't fix it. I had one of their employees pick up my vehicle and take it to the dealership so they could drive it and experience the issues. He acknowledged that the seats and steering wheel didn't get hot, but apparently that wasn't good enough. They couldn't recreate the issues at the dealership so they can't fix it.

I'm almost to the point of trading this in for a Ford and being done with RAM forever.

Is there any RAM employees on this site that can help or is there a regional/national number I can call to escalate this issue? I'm beyond done with the incompetent people at my local dealership.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The seat & steering wheel heat cuts out at a certain temperature
It may be somewhere around 45 degrees F

I believe that the heat controls for the seats & steering wheel are controlled by the radio settings.
The Ram radios are no longer music players, they are a computer that just happen to play music.
They are now called Infotainment systems

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The heated seats and wheel should get much warmer than they are and the radio should show and switch to your favorites when on XM. My advice to you would be to record the the radio not working correctly and push them about the seats. It sounds sounds like you're dealing with a typical dealership that doesn't want to deal with these types of issues. The radio may be corrected by something as simple as a Firmware update or you may need a new radio but on any case they need to address it. Push harder and and go over their head if nesssary. You can reach out to Ram Cares on the forum as stated and even take it to another dealer. Unfortunately this doesn't just happen with FCA dealers. I read almost identical stories about pretty much all the big brands.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The way everything is controlled by a computer nowadays, it would not surprise me if there is a bum setting for the seat temperature (if there is such a setting).

Maybe even a bad setting for the other issue as well.

Hope you get it sorted out.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks @Ricks Ram and @danoday for mentioning us and making us aware of @shaner82 's situation! We can certainly look into this for you, if you'd like! Feel free to send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares