Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

submarine man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi-5.7
So I was heading home from work and the radio suddenly cut off. Tapped it a few times and nothing. Started playing around and found that my satélite radio worked, just not my fm/am. Didn’t think much of it, looked some stuff up and thought it to be a fuse. Got home and checked my fuses and they seemed to be all good. I pulled the main fuse for the radio but upon placing it back in and starting the truck, I now have no power to the radio. Is there some sort of way to power it back on? did I blow a different fuse? I tried looking up similar problems but there isn’t much on this topic. I tried the whole “hold the buttons down” but I got nothing, not even some flashing lights. FWI I am very bad with electric and have almost no skill or understanding in it so I am struggling haha.

I haven’t looked at the connection behind the radio yet. Thank you in advance for your help!

Edit: 2011 1500 SLT. non-navigation radio unit.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
So I was heading home from work and the radio suddenly cut off. Tapped it a few times and nothing. Started playing around and found that my satélite radio worked, just not my fm/am. Didn’t think much of it, looked some stuff up and thought it to be a fuse. Got home and checked my fuses and they seemed to be all good. I pulled the main fuse for the radio but upon placing it back in and starting the truck, I now have no power to the radio. Is there some sort of way to power it back on? did I blow a different fuse? I tried looking up similar problems but there isn’t much on this topic. I tried the whole “hold the buttons down” but I got nothing, not even some flashing lights. FWI I am very bad with electric and have almost no skill or understanding in it so I am struggling haha.

I haven’t looked at the connection behind the radio yet. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello Submarine Man,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you can send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

rictek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Express
Engine
hemi

Same problem here- 2012 Express. AM/FM just hiss but CD and SAT work fine. Sometimes it comes back for a while, then on..off..on. No stations, like the antenna plug came out.
What can I check for or is it just time for an aftermarket radio? Rictek

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just a thought
AM/FM Antenna is mounted on some fenders
I would be checking the base of the antenna, the antenna cable may be flawed.

I believe that if the AM/FM part of the radio hums, it has to have power & a working speaker, especially if the Satellite radio works, it uses a separate antenna

Dstmac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same basic problem.2010 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Display says "No Fuse" and the Radio doesn't work. Checked all the fuses in the TPIM. All ok. Any hidden fuses? Vin. 1D7KV1G9AS24043