Ram 1500 EV is questionable if it makes it to market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Wonder how many thousands that set up cost. No such thing as a free lunch. Somebody somewhere paid for it.
don't concern yourself about my financial situation.it'll just make you depressed if i have to explain it to you.

Last edited:

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
or even sat in one
I have to say, I am not a fan of the screens in automobiles these days. Tesla, Lightning, the 12” iPad in the overpriced trucks. The 8.4 in my truck is annoying enough. I would have no problem with a simpler option, Ford and Tesla can’t seem to build that EV.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
don't concern yourself about my financial situation.it'll just make you depressed if i have to explain it to you.
You're the one claiming $0 fuel expenses. There was indeed expense. Whatever it cost to build and install your setup, plus any ongoing maintenance fees. Stop LYING.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
You're the one claiming $0 fuel expenses. There was indeed expense. Whatever it cost to build and install your setup, plus any ongoing maintenance fees. Stop LYING huh?what are you talking about? you know nothing about my situation,lol.lying? what possible reason would i have to lie to someone i don't know? there indeed was no expences,mr. expert on me. are you my financial advisor?no,you most certainly are not.but please, tell me more about my expences.

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
I have to say, I am not a fan of the screens in automobiles these days. Tesla, Lightning, the 12” iPad in the overpriced trucks. The 8.4 in my truck is annoying enough. I would have no problem with a simpler option, Ford and Tesla can’t seem to build that EV.
they never will.Tesla has the big screen for a reason.it is the only info for the vehicle,cameras,nav.,entertainment ,vehicle info and settings etc.if anything,EV owners want a bigger screen.the only gauge it needs is a speedometer.once you get used to the big screen you really appreciate it.,well,most of that embrace technology do.nothing wrong with the wind up window sect.to each his own.when i finally get my dream car,it will have a modern chassis and drivetrain,but it won't even have power steering.

Last edited:

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Sure EVs work for some people. If you drive short distances and have ready access to charging at home and at places you frequent, like work, you can do just fine with them. Recognize that your situation is hardly typical and what works for you won't work for a huge percentage of people. People who rent, people who drive long distance regularly. People who live in rural areas with little to no access to public charging. People who can only afford one vehicle.

That you are on a Ram forum as an EV owner tells me you own more than one vehicle. So you're wealthy and you can afford to live with the quirks of an EV. The vast majority of drivers aren't wealthy and can only afford one vehicle. That's why traditional coupes and sedans are vanishing, replaced by cute-ute "crossovers" that are really glorified station wagons. People can only have one car and that car has to be able to do everything for them and their family. Whether that's the daily commute or driving 1000 miles in a weekend.

When an EV can run reliably for decades and be charged in under 5 minutes at one of a million stations dotted all over the land then we can talk about them being practical. Until then they are playthings for the wealthy.
next time you're in the city,take a minute and watch the vehicles on the road.you'll be amazed how many ev 's are around and who are driving them.they're most definitely not "just for the wealthy".millenials are embracing the EV culture wholeheartedly.and in BC,most people can't afford to live in the city and are making very long commutes.and let me say again for the people that don't get it.it takes at most 15 mins to supercharge an EV. from flat to full.that's a smoke and a coffee.that full charge will cost about $14 for the average person.do the math on that dollar per mile.

Last edited:

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
The vast majority of drivers aren't wealthy and can only afford one vehicle. That's why traditional coupes and sedans are vanishing, replaced by cute-ute "crossovers" that are really glorified station wagons. People can only have one car and that car has to be able to do everything for them and their family.
The facts don’t support that theory.
IMG_0147.jpeg

Source:
https://transportgeography.org/cont...-challenges/household-vehicles-united-states/

Fact is, buyers in the USA walk around $25k sedans to buy a $60k F-150, demographically speaking. Carmakers build what sells.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Ha Ha Ha..too funny bcbouy...You live in a little bubble...where you drive your EV ? Try it up here in Canada in the snow and cold...and what do you tow or carry..hmmm? Go for a cross country road trip...then come back and tell us about your EV and how easy it was to “ charge or even try and find a charger.and how long to recharge...ha ha...you my rich friend are what is out in my bull pasture and I don ‘t mean the cows or grass..oh and what type and year was that "Sparky" of yours?..be safe out there...
i live in the cariboo.south central B.C. Canada. last winter it hit -40c and we drove the tesla .hit a button on my phone and it warms the battery ,interior, the seats and steering wheel instantly
i drive down to the coast in the Tesla,5 hours one way on a charge.know how many superchargers there are between here and there ?,kamloops,meritt,hope,chilliwack,abbotsford and they all have more than 1 station.please tell me more about how difficult it is in my little bubble. i just went to Tofino in it.pull your head out.

Last edited:

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The facts don’t support that theory.
View attachment 531379

Source:
https://transportgeography.org/cont...-challenges/household-vehicles-united-states/

Fact is, buyers in the USA walk around $25k sedans to buy a $60k F-150, demographically speaking. Carmakers build what sells.
Most households have one or two vehicles. Well DUH. Most households have one or two adults and each adult has one vehicle. Kinda makes sense, doesn't it? Mom has a cute-ute crossover and dad has a pickup.

Why are trucks popular? Because they can do it all. If you can only have one vehicle it needs to be able to do everything. That's why four door pickups have surged in popularity over the past 20 years. They can do everything a truck does AND everything a sedan does. Trucks are also perceived as being rugged, dependable and long lasting. The *average* vehicle on American roads is 12.5 years old, and that number gets a bit higher every year. People want something that is going to last, and a truck is that thing.

Nobody has an EV as their only vehicle, they are too limited in what they can do. Wealthy people have EVs as a second or third car in the family, they still have at least one gas/diesel vehicle. Even our resident troll here has a picture of a gas or diesel pickup as his avatar. He isn't relying solely on his EV.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
This thread has outlived it's usefulness and has turned political and less than civil so we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357