Ram 1500 lifted help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bridogr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 1500 sport model quad cab. I have been looking at this forum for advice and pictures and all but haven't found exactly what I was looking for.

I am considering a 4" or 6" lift kit with new wheels and tires. My questions are: Is the 4" kit really noticeable? I want to make sure after spending all this money that I can tell that it has been done. But also my major concern is that I don't like the really empty/open wheel well look. I want a lift kit with wheels and tires that still look like the wheel well is filled up and not a ton of space.

I am leaning towards a 4" lift with 35s. Any opinions or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A 4" lift with 35"s will fill the well nice. You will notice a difference in height, not significant but noticeable. I'm sure more with this set up will chime in. Good luck!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see lots of pics on here of the 4 &6" kits installed , the 6" kits really appear lifted and the 4" kits not much diff from a level , however when I see the trucks in front of me they both look great ! In person I prefer the 6" kits with 35s or 37s , honestly when I see a 1500 Ram in person with the 4" kit I have to look for the 1500 emblem because it looks like a 2500 stock or with a level to me .

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I see lots of pics on here of the 4 &6" kits installed , the 6" kits really appear lifted and the 4" kits not much diff from a level , however when I see the trucks in front of me they both look great ! In person I prefer the 6" kits with 35s or 37s , honestly when I see a 1500 Ram in person with the 4" kit I have to look for the 1500 emblem because it looks like a 2500 stock or with a level to me .
This here is pretty much my reasoning for going with the 6" kit.

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
^^^figured if I'm paying to have all this stuff done it better be noticeable.
Yeah. With a 6" it's always easier to fit 37s too. :roflsquared:

It's been said here time and time again, that if you get the 4", there's a good chance you'll be beating yourself up over not going with the 6". I certainly don't speak for everyone, but this is the kind of vibe I've gotten thus far. Of course, if you're certain 4" is the highest you want to go for whatever reason (garage doors, parking garages, etc.) then by all means...go with the 4" kit.

Take a look at some pictures and see what kind of setup interests you the most. Don't rush it, or else you may be stuck something rather regretful!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If your considering garage Door heights or parking garages don't forget to add the height the tires themselves will give you ! Subtract your actual stock tire height from the new Actual tire height and ÷ by 2 . I'd go 6" if your capable ...

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Zone 4"F/3"R with Bils at 0.7" or 1.4" depending on the rake you want, is definitely noticable with 35's. All my specs are in my sig, and pics in my gallery. Nice thing is, it slides right in my 7' garage door and most parking decks. 0 offset wheels will keep em tucked . . . -12 will show a lil rubber.