Ram 2023 Limited diesel vs 2023 Yukon Denali diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cqmorrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Have wanted a Yukon Denali diesel for last two years. Finally bought a 2023 Ram Limited Diesel. Would you trade? Why or why not? I know I would take it in the shorts on the trade in.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you wanted the Yukon you should have bought the Yukon. Trading sounds like a great way to throw away money at this point. I would live with the decisions you've made if it were me and keep the ram

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO, if U wanted GM, well, not gonna pound you on yer decision, your money. NE Way, GM has the new for 2023 3.0L I6 LZ0 turbodiesel Duramax out, and also of course the 6.6. There have been some nice write ups on the new 3.0. What would worry me about the ECO Diesel is the engine is in it's last year, and who knows what type of support will be out there. But OP, yer wallet and backside, do what makes U happy!!!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've not heard anything about GM problems
They have stopped production of their Silverado, they are suffering from the volt and bolt EV, customers aren't buying trucks right now and they have massive inventory and Mary Barra is totally incompetent, the Rochester products division are ramping up there ev battery tray cooling systems for other manufactures and have cut way back on their powers systems fuel injectors, fuel rails, and throttle bodies, I live here in Rochester!!!

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Have wanted a Yukon Denali diesel for last two years. Finally bought a 2023 Ram Limited Diesel. Would you trade? Why or why not? I know I would take it in the shorts on the trade in.
Ummmm... confused AF... but welcome, from a HUGE RAM TRUCK ENTHUSIAST FROM ONTARIO, CANADA! :)

Why would you come on a dedicated Ram Forum with Men and Women who are huge advocates for this brand and expect an answer that nets you any type of validation on wanting to trade in your new Ram for a new GMC/Chevy truck.

You might as well be on a Hyundai forum asking if you should trade in your brand new Santa Cruz for a brand new Ford Mavrick because you wanted it anyways, but bought the Hyundai instead....lol

For me and for everyone here, please trade your Ram in so someone else can appreciate its value as a great truck. Take your GMC/Chevy and have at er' on their forums ;)

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Why would you compare buying a Ram vs. a Yukon ? Different vehicles..............

Odd thread here, let him drop........

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
They have stopped production of their Silverado, they are suffering from the volt and bolt EV, customers aren't buying trucks right now and they have massive inventory and Mary Barra is totally incompetent, the Rochester products division are ramping up there ev battery tray cooling systems for other manufactures and have cut way back on their powers systems fuel injectors, fuel rails, and throttle bodies, I live here in Rochester!!!
GM has not dropped production of the Silverado, where did you get that one
Ace.........?
Who cares about EV's on this forum. And what happens in Rochester means
nothing.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GM has not dropped production of the Silverado, where did you get that one
Ace.........?
Who cares about EV's on this forum. And what happens in Rochester means
nothing.
You can keep your opinion to yourself, if you love Goverment motors so much what are you doing here!!!

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

GM/Chevy is outselling RAM right now and sales are up so not sure where you are getting this data? Ram actually has declining sales, down 9% already for 2023.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I've not heard anything about GM problems, just Ford's quality control problems. What major problems is GM having?
If I remember correctly both Ford and GM have lawsuits over their joint developed ten speed transmission

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
You can keep your opinion to yourself, if you love Goverment motors so much what are you doing here!!!
I can offer my opinion anytime I want, and I like to call out, BS from you.
If you need a definition, look up the term.o_O

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Barra is incompetent at leading an auto manufacturer but she was not picked on merits.

The Silverado, in all flavors, is in production. The Bolt is coming back.

One of my sons is working in the Detroit/Hamtramck GM plant where the EV version of the Silverado is assembled as is the Hummer EV. He installs and integrates robotic cells for the assembly line. When he is done there, his team is moving to the Orion plant where the Bolt was assembled to install a vast line for battery manufacturing. The Orion plant, once on the list to be shuttered, has seen a mass expansion for the new lines.

GM also invested nearly $1 billion in a new ICE plant in Michigan to support the line of trucks and SUVs.

Sounds to me like you have sour grapes with GM, that is your issue, but GM is doing fine and is currently out-selling RAMs :(.

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500
Why would you pay for a truck that you don't want? Get rid of it and buy the GMC.
Ram life isn't for everyone, goodluck

IdahoDen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Like another reader asked, did you buy the 3.0 L
Like another reader asked, did you buy the 3 liter eco-diesel or did you buy the Cummins turbo diesel? If you bought the 3.0 L diesel, it is not very much different than what Chevrolet puts out. Software might be a little bit different but basically the engines are very similar. I've had my Ram Longhorn 3.0 eco-diesel now for 21,000 miles And I'm averaging 27 miles per gallon overall. I personally think Ram made a big mistake discontinuing this engine after refining it up to its fifth generation. It's a great engine, great truck, and the more miles you get on it, the better the mileage will get.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500