Ram Connect not playing nice with UConnect 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone!

So I have spent a few weeks with my 2022 1500 Laramie and I have noticed an odd issue. I have the 12" screen with the new UConnect 5 system, and I am also using the Ram Connect app for remote starts, locking, etc. I have noticed that whenever I use the app for a remote start, when I get in the vehicle and hit the button to start/drive away, the climate control icons that usually appear in the top left and right corners of the screen (to control the heated seats and heated steering wheel and climate control temperature) disappear. There is a space where the icon is supposed to be, but they aren't there. Even when I shut off the vehicle and start it again, they don't reappear. The only way to get them back is to reset the radio via the reset option in the settings menu.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing (or can replicate) this issue. I am on the latest version of software (as per the TSB posted in another thread on the forum) and I have been to the dealer and they have done a hard reset and reflash twice. I should also note that my screen occasionally goes black (with music still playing) and I am unable to do anything with the screen. It usually comes back after three or four vehicle restarts - but I don't think the two issues are related.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Hey everyone!

So I have spent a few weeks with my 2022 1500 Laramie and I have noticed an odd issue. I have the 12" screen with the new UConnect 5 system, and I am also using the Ram Connect app for remote starts, locking, etc. I have noticed that whenever I use the app for a remote start, when I get in the vehicle and hit the button to start/drive away, the climate control icons that usually appear in the top left and right corners of the screen (to control the heated seats and heated steering wheel and climate control temperature) disappear. There is a space where the icon is supposed to be, but they aren't there. Even when I shut off the vehicle and start it again, they don't reappear. The only way to get them back is to reset the radio via the reset option in the settings menu.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing (or can replicate) this issue. I am on the latest version of software (as per the TSB posted in another thread on the forum) and I have been to the dealer and they have done a hard reset and reflash twice. I should also note that my screen occasionally goes black (with music still playing) and I am unable to do anything with the screen. It usually comes back after three or four vehicle restarts - but I don't think the two issues are related.
Do you have the app on your phone ?

tkabrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone!

I am having the same issue but on my 8.4 Nav with the climate information disappearing. Mine is not linked to using Ram Connect but just randomly starting it normally it will be gone. Instead of resetting it what you can do is switch from one theme to a different theme and the information in the corner should return. At least that's what fixes it for me. Seems to be a bug within the themes

OP
OP
J

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have the app on your phone ?
I do. I use it quite a bit. I haven’t actually used the key for remote start, so tomorrow I will try it and see if the climate info disappears. As long as I start the truck normally, there seems to be no issue.

OP
OP
J

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am having the same issue but on my 8.4 Nav with the climate information disappearing. Mine is not linked to using Ram Connect but just randomly starting it normally it will be gone. Instead of resetting it what you can do is switch from one theme to a different theme and the information in the corner should return. At least that's what fixes it for me. Seems to be a bug within the themes
That’s a good one - I will have to try it.

So far, the Uconnect 5 has been very unreliable - sometimes Carplay just won’t connect, the screen goes black, the climate icons disappear…

LGB_FJB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am having the same issue as well, only today, resetting the radio didn't work. I'll try switching themes as someone else suggested. I spent too much money to be having any issues like this!

OP
OP
J

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am having the same issue as well, only today, resetting the radio didn't work. I'll try switching themes as someone else suggested. I spent too much money to be having any issues like this!
I am hoping if we report it to our service advisors, the company will investigate. I have never had these kinds of issues with my older Rams.

Bradstur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Hey everyone!

I have 2022 rebel GT package and I too have the radio going black issues. Flickers occasionally and sometimes loose control of features like the volume. You can try to adjust it up/dn multiple times and then 15-20 seconds later it replicates what I tried to do…. Only delayed. Very frustrating. Did the dealership reset / reboot seem to help or more a waist of time? Sad to hear it’s happening to others, but a little relieved that it’s not only me with a defective part. I hope they come up with an update soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JC_YYZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 2922 rebel GT package and I too have the radio going black issues. Flickers occasionally and sometimes loose control of features like the volume. You can try to adjust it up/dn multiple times and then 15-29 seconds later it replicates what I tried to do…. Only delayed. Very frustrating. Did the dealership reset reboot seem to help or more a waist of time? Sad to hear it’s happening to others, but a little relieved that it’s not only me wuth a defective part. I hope they come up with an update soon.
Reset helped for a bit but the radio has continued to do it.
It loaded a new update this afternoon so fingers crossed that this fixes some of the issues.

RamGuy110

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone had their Uconnect 5 12" crash in the middle of driving? I was driving along and a high pitched alert sound started going off. The station I was listening too stopped playing as this high pitched sound started going off. The screen was froze and then it went black and re-booted.

Bgerv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I have the 2020 rebel with 12" screen. My heated steering wheel app disappeared without a trace and not even the dealer at this point can sort it out. Resets did not work either. I'm currently waiting to see if unhooking the battery will do anything although I assume the dealer tried this. Going to also try the theme change as someone else indicated and will report back.

Bgerv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hey everyone!

So I unhooked my battery because my heated steering wheel icon disappeared, and upon reconnecting I now no longer have my passenger seat icon and lost my medium setting on the driver side.

Has anyone found any solutions ?

VooDooBlue

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone had their Uconnect 5 12" crash in the middle of driving? I was driving along and a high pitched alert sound started going off. The station I was listening too stopped playing as this high pitched sound started going off. The screen was froze and then it went black and re-booted.
My truck is a week old and I experienced my 12” screen crashing after about an hour of driving. I was changing channels on Sirius when it happened and it strangely continued to play a guitar note that was on the channel for a few second. Then it crashed completely, rebooted twice and finally came back on after 2-3 minutes. Anyone have advice on how to fix?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I suggest that you all write Letters to Ram Headquarters
stating exactly what is happening.

The Service Assistant usually forgets your name & truck, as soon as you drive off the dealers property.
They only thing that remains is the Service Request Form

Maybe Ramcares can open up some kind of file, that will make its way to the Regional Representative

KC Kevin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have had my screen go black; no high pitched noise though. Carplay will flicker in and out frequently. Sometimes it has trouble connecting.

Skidoo04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I unhooked my battery because my heated steering wheel icon disappeared, and upon reconnecting I now no longer have my passenger seat icon and lost my medium setting on the driver side.

Has anyone found any solutions ?
I was getting an error message on the dash that blind spot alert was unavailable and it would not stop ringing. The radio started to flicker on and off and then the heated seats stopped working. I decided to unhook the battery as I felt the computer needed to be reset. When I did so I lost heated seat selection for the passenger side and I lost the medium setting of the heated and vented seats so now there is only hi and low. It seems like there is a glitch in the firmware and the radio/computer is glitching.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have had some of the same issues mentioned previously. Recently, I’ve been trying to renew my convenience package for the Ram connect app. I started the process in late December 2022. To date, due to unresolved technical issues on their end I have not been able to renew. It’s been almost over a month and I received a message today that the technical team is still working on it. What gives? This isn’t new tech just a subscription renewal. Anyone else up against this problem as well?