Ram Issues: Letter from Lawyers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I bought my 2017 1500 Sport in late 2017, and so far it's been into the dealer five times for warranty issues. The differential was making noise, whatever they did, fixed it. The right door mirror was replaced because it was malfunctioning, as was the rear-view camera. I replaced a door opening weatherstrip for a wind noise issue (which still exists) and then I've had issues with the door locks twice now (electrical) where I am completely locked out of the truck - even the hidden key won't turn the door lock cylinder. No, it's not the remote. No, it's not the battery in the remote. Not asking for a solution, so let's move on.

I got a letter from Lemon Law attorneys who have a noticed a large number of warranty claims/repairs for 2017-2022 Ram trucks, and long story short, they're chasing potential customers for a Lemon Law case. Since I've had these recurring issues, I'm frustrated, but also conflicted about it. Love the truck, hate the problems. I have the extended warranty (through 99k miles, I believe), so I know I'm good to take it in (again) for any of these issues, but I'm wondering if I really want to participate in this lawsuit.

What I was told: in many cases they are filing Lemon Law claims and getting up to 150% of the cost of the truck; it will play out for about a year, at which point you will have to relinquish your vehicle. If this electrical issue persists, I may not have a choice, as I'm tired of being completely locked out of my own vehicle.

Again, not asking for suggestions about what's causing the problems - I've been around that block a couple of times. I'm just sharing this information in case others are having similar issues with either Engine, Transmission, or Electrical and have multiple warranty repairs done.
The main thing about lemon laws is it is state specific. Even here in CA you need to have the same thing or item fail 4 times and give them 4 times to fix it before you win, I believe only in the first 18k miles or something like that. I actually won a lemon law case 13k of which I received 10, you know who got the 3. I doubt any truck would have protections for lemon laws at 100k, or even close to that. This issue becomes a magnussum moss issue after lemon law protections expire. Those are nowhere near as scary for dealers to deal with, they hate lemon laws as it hurts them very much whereas moss warranty claims have way less teeth.

we talk about this a lot, rams just have a lot of ticky tack issues, frustrating but generally not lemons.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
here's idaho, lemon law protections expire after two years new or 24k miles.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
It was a 5 year old truck 2 years ago when the OP started this thread. The OP has not been back in almost 2 years. I doubt he will benefit from this necro-post.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It was a 5 year old truck 2 years ago when the OP started this thread. The OP has not been back in almost 2 years. I doubt he will benefit from this necro-post.
wasnt paying attention, lol.

ok which smartallick resurrected this?

BobAllo new guy from australia first post, so lets forgive him. It is hard enough coming from that place.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Me thinks if a guy monitored the Toyota Tk lover's forum, you might find him there ;)