Rambox thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bertball50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Soon to be 2019
Engine
i was curious as to what people thought of the rambox that had one. Also curious as to when will be able to order a 19 with the rambox. Thanks

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont own one but I have heard the crack easily and are easy to break into... just food for thought.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I bought my 2011 Laramie used and it has rambox storage.

I didn't think I'd use them much at first but now I don't know what I'd do without them. It's a great place to stash useful items that you don't want cluttering your vehicle....camping chairs, mud shoes, hard hat/vest, stakes, fluids/tools, flashlights, snow removal, towing, etc.

I keep them locked but I'm sure it only keeps the honest people out. I don't keep anything in there that isn't easily replaceable. Love them though.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
have them in my 2014 and love them and will be waiting for them to be available before ordering a 19'

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have them on my '16 Laramie CC. Love them, ordered the truck new with them. No issues so far, they store plenty of stuff too. Pretty easy to clean out if you get them dirty. I like not needing to put in a regular toolbox to store stuff.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I had them on one of my pickup a couple pickups back. I really liked them but they were not a make or break deal for me. I loved that I could put a 2 gallon gas can in each box for emergency and never have to smell gas fumes.

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
I like mine a lot. It was the part of what made me pick this limited over the Longhorn.
I use one to keep various tools and snow brush and such, and the other for tossing groceries into. Nice bonus is if a gallon of milk ever springs a leak it's no big deal haha.
Also, they're perfectly secure. They lock and unlock with the doors/tailgate. It's no less secure than the trunk on a car.

ApexCars

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Ramboxes are one of the things I like best about the truck. I've never had them leak and they keep everything inside clean and dust free. Some people say they don't want them because they would be easy to break into but I figure since no one can see what is in there, they are less likely to break in. If they see shotguns lying on the backseat how hard is it to smash the glass and steal them. At least with the Ramboxes the thief will need something better than a rock to get into them. I hunt and shoot a lot so I keep one side pretty empty to throw my and my buddies shotguns in when we go out and have all my tools and other junk in the other side. When a whole group of us goes out to the fields, the guys in my truck jump out, pop the Rambox and grab their nice clean shotguns. The guys in the other trucks have to reach into the beds to haul out their guns or cases and they are covered in dust. Even my friends that wouldn't consider buying a RAM are jealous of the Ramboxes.

RSR89

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Honestly, it's the main reason I want a Ram over the competition. Seems so convenient and I can't believe no other manufacturer has thought of this. Gives you great storage without sacrificing bed length like a tool box does. I don't think Ram has put any more details out besides "late availability" so I'd assume that to be July/August and still nothing about the 6'4 bed with a Rambox which is what I really want.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't want one because I am putting an AT Habitat bed topper on my bed.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like them, I DONT have them, but I like them. I however was not a fan of the shape of them on the gen 4, they seemed to have made it a little more geometric on the gen 5, so I could see getting them in the future. I dont feel like I am missing out, as now having a hard tonneau I can keep basically everything in a couple small bins in the bed for emergencies and such, but I see the appeal! I think looks wise on the gen 4 the truck looks better without them.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had them on my 2012 1500 CC 5.7 bed. Moved to a 2018 1500 CC 6.4 bed with the larger ramboxes, love them even more. We surf fish so I keep all required equipment in one rambox and use the other for food and beverage storage. Throw some ice in one end and it’s a great cooler for drinks. So many uses for them really. Thumbs up from me for the added utility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had them on my 2012 1500 CC 5.7 bed. Moved to a 2018 1500 CC 6.4 bed with the larger ramboxes, love them even more. We surf fish so I keep all required equipment in one rambox and use the other for food and beverage storage. Throw some ice in one end and it’s a great cooler for drinks. So many uses for them really. Thumbs up from me for the added utility.

I don’t have them but wish I would of bought a ram with them but buying used your limited. Would be nice to use them to store my work related things like tools, boots, hard hat etc especially when I work out of state on the road most of the year instead of having them lose in my bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t have them but wish I would of bought a ram with them but buying used your limited. Would be nice to use them to store my work related things like tools, boots, hard hat etc especially when I work out of state on the road most of the year instead of having them lose in my bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed it is hard to find them on used vehicles as they are not that common. I lucked out when I found my 2012 that I bought in 2016. You don’t really lose much useful space in the bed either, even with the ramboxes.

Eightd21

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
The only major disadvantage I've found is the relative lack of selection for compatible tonneau covers.
Not sure if this will be any different for the 5th gens.

Mach123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2012 6.7 diesel 350 k, 2007 f170 396k
Love mine in my 2012, I wouldn't go with out one if I was to order truck, never cracked or leaked and used it rough with tools. Good luck

C3ntury

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't the installation of ramboxes take up more of the bed width than without (just what I always heard)?

Brent L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my ‘18 with them...it would be very difficult for me to buy another truck without them. They are great!

Also installed a Truxedo lo-pro cover, works great with the boxes.

Sent from my iPad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45