Really Odd Edge Pulsar Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have had a Pulsar for 8 months or so. Worked great for 6 months and then it started thinking my truck was a 6 speed so I'd have to manually bump it to 8.. No big deal just sort of annoying.

So I reach out to Edge support who has been awesome by the way and they are like yeah that's not normal send it in and we will fix it. So I send it in and 3 days later its back from Edge repaired. I go to connect and nothing. Truck works fine but it won't read the Pulsar. Worked fine prior minus the 6 to 8 speed issue.

I think maybe I did something wrong. So pull it back apart to confirm I installed it right. Its not hard basically disconnect the negative, click the Pulsar to PCM firmly and then hook up the PCM connectors. Put it back together slowly to confirm I did it right and nothing.

So I write edge again Monday and they are like that's odd we will send you a new one. So today I get the new one. Probably not technically new as it was unboxed. Maybe a re manufactured one.

Go to hook it up, same issue. Truck runs, pcm is fine, but won't read Pulsar. So I think that maybe my connectors are dirty so I clean them with CRC cleaner and hook it up again. Nothing.

So either

1. Edge somehow sent me two broken Pulsars (seems like it would be rare)
2. My truck mysteriously stopped reading any Pulsar (makes no sense)
3. My connectors have an issue? But that wouldn't make sense since my PCM works fine.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
An Edge tech who installs and repairs the units called me. He said the odds of two being broke is pretty low. But they are sending a 3rd unit, which if it's dead then obviously its the truck or wiring. He was stumped though basically said it can only be the units are broken, or somehow my wires got bent inside of my connectors. He said they are seeded deep though so that would be nearly impossible. Plus the PCM works so it could only be if some prong that doesn't affect pcm but does affect pulsar were bent which would also be rare.