Rear light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good morning. I set up my Prodigy brake controller a few weeks ago, programmed using AlphaOBD. Noticed today that the light bar I installed under the tailgate is on with the headlights only, no brake light or turn signals. Anybody else have this happen after installing a trailer brake? The light bar is plugged in to the wiring harness. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Anybody???

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Bueller?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What did you enable with Alfa? This is a aftermarket trailer brake so curious why you had to do anything to enable it? I could see if you were installing the factory controller.

Maybe that controller needs to have a trailer connected before it enables the outputs?

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What did you enable with Alfa? This is a aftermarket trailer brake so curious why you had to do anything to enable it? I could see if you were installing the factory controller.

Maybe that controller needs to have a trailer connected before it enables the outputs?

So I didn’t need to change the Trailer Selected CSM, Trailer Name CSM, Trailer Type CSM from NO to YES and Enable the ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Controller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I didn’t need to change the Trailer Selected CSM, Trailer Name CSM, Trailer Type CSM from NO to YES and Enable the ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Controller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't think so, Not unless you were installing the factory trailer brake. I would try and set those back and see what happens? It's easy enough to try just to see.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Noticed today that the light bar I installed under the tailgate is on with the headlights only, no brake light or turn signals. Anybody else have this happen after installing a trailer brake? The light bar is plugged in to the wiring harness.
If your light bar is plugged/wired into the trailer plug wiring, use a meter to check these fuses:
F53 - ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 - ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 - FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 - FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights