Rear seat needs to be lifted.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richard c bieber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 LITER
I have a 1995 dodge ram 1500 with extended cab and i am looking to make more room under the seat for a subwoofer. I only need to make about 2 inches at the most in height . I have looked all over and it seems no one has done this mod. i am looking for any help. Right know i have reached out to many people in the audio world and no one makes a kit to lift the seat higher. They make custom boxes but i am not looking to spend that much money. The newer models of course are easier but not mine. Thanks for any help.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Yank the bolts. buy bolt long eough for wha tyou want, add washers to make up the length differenc,e to get teh height you want.
Or, buy some alunimum stock and cut it to size for each bolt.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen people use plywood or mdf spacers with longer mounting bolts. The mods look pretty easy, just don't forget to use a long PowerBar to pop the rear bolts.

They're likely dosed with thread lock and won't cooperate with anything less than a PowerBar, so I've heard.