ReCall notice X 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
got a carfax alert of 2 recalls for my 2019 Ram 1500. one for the wiper blade arms and one for the backup camera on the radio. took it to the dealer and they did both, took about an hour total. apparently according to the service advisor the wiper blade arm recall is to tighten the bolts on the arms where they connect to the motor and the back up camera recall is so they can flash a new firmware to the radio, something about the backup camera staying on longer than it should after going from reverse to drive or park... anyone else have these done yet? see any difference? I don't see anything different.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My opinion about recalls and fixes is that, unless you were seeing the issue the recall is for, it's generally a good thing if you don't notice a difference after the fix. I don't know if my 2020 Laramie is affected by either of those recalls. No notice for me so far, although I think the wiper recall might affect me. Rather than wait for a recall, I'll just go out and torque my wiper arm bolts/nuts myself. I just need to know the torque spec for those.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Just as a suggestion, if you get the Mopar app on your phone and put in your VIN number, it will track which recalls effect your truck, and when/if they were completed. It also keeps of history of every time a dealer does something to your vehicle.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the MOPAR app on my phone and have not received any notice of recalls for my Ram, perhaps I got luck or not been impacted as of yet. Here is to hoping the luck holds out.:)

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Getting the recall done on Thursday. Also want them to to oil and filter change while they have it.

OP
OP
dc73pdsgt

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
get the carfax app, they are much better at letting you know about recalls than the manufacturer.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
get the carfax app, they are much better at letting you know about recalls than the manufacturer.
Great advice! According to carfax my truck is included in the wiper recall. I've had no notification from FCA about it. Not that I'm particularly concerned given the nature of this recall. My wipers worked just fine all last winter. But it would be a little more concerning if it was something safety related.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007