Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If i take the truck in for a recall should i return my truck to stock tune? I am not worried about warranty or anything, but i just dont know if they will hook up to it at all and possible reflash it then i am stuck with a tuner that is useless.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
yes - put it back to stock before you go in if there is *any* indication that they'll touch the TIPM.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I say it depends on what the recall is for.
On some recalls you can simply request the part and change it out yourself.
I've done this on 2 recalls. The tailgate and the sticker that goes on the hood.
Blue Mule

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I say it depends on what the recall is for.
On some recalls you can simply request the part and change it out yourself.
I've done this on 2 recalls. The tailgate and the sticker that goes on the hood.
Blue Mule

That’s actually illegal for a dealer to do that. Giving out recall parts is a big no no. That dealer could get in big trouble if they got caught.

Some recalls that are just compliment stickers will just be mailed to a customer but anytime parts are changed/installed there has to be accountability that the dealer performed it.

Likely nothing will ever happen though.

OP
OP
Steve Tokash

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats kind of what i figured just wanted input. That is what it is for is the tailgate im not in a rush to do it, but figure i may as well get it taken care of. Might get them to change my oil too i havent decided if it is worth the extra 30 bucks or so to have someone else do it.

Octane

Reaction score
My 13 Ram has that recall for the tailgate. 6 years and hasnt fell off yet.Afraid if I take it in they'll reflash/program something and screw up my truck then tell me it is performing as designed.Do not want the battle.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 13 Ram has that recall for the tailgate. 6 years and hasnt fell off yet.Afraid if I take it in they'll reflash/program something and screw up my truck then tell me it is performing as designed.Do not want the battle.

It doesn't fall off, it opens usually when it locks. I had the recall done on my old '14 a few months back. In and out in about 20 minutes. No flash, no nothing but that little part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado