Remote Start Inop @ 18°F and Whining

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
I've never used a block heater. Doesn't get all that cold here.
Currently it's -15c with wind chill -25c. Usually -35c is coldest it gets here.

If the battery is good and you don't have anything drawing power when it's off.
I would check all wires every where. Make sure no animal has started to chewy on any of them.

That noise to me, sounds like wrong voltage/amps to fan. could be wrong though.
I checked the alternator and it's distributing power between 14.2 and 14.6, even with bunch of accessories on and running

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged

@Wild one @Burla @Bigskyroadglide
Got my Odyssey Performance AGM H7 out of the truck and on the charger. I didn't heat the block overnight so I could compare. Battery was at 50% charged (approximately 12.2v) when I hooked it up to my Digital Optima 400 Battery Charger/maintainer. Overnight it charged up to 100% and 12.7 volts. Put it in the truck and it started up just fine on remote start. Zero hesitation. Strong start. Check out the video above. Let me know what ya think. Didn't seem to hear any weird noises. Just normal cold start noises. Maybe a pulley or something wearing down a bit. Idk.
I think you are good to go. Full charge on the battery, explains remote start issue. I would ride it as per your normal procedure

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
10f this morning hit remote start ran 2 mins stalled then it set the alarm off.. thats a new one Lmfaoo usually acts funny when weather gets really cold like this. It has always done this not battery related fired right up with key. :shrug:

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
10f this morning hit remote start ran 2 mins stalled then it set the alarm off.. thats a new one Lmfaoo usually acts funny when weather gets really cold like this. It has always done this not battery related fired right up with key. :shrug:
That's some insane Dodge weirdness right there

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's some insane Dodge weirdness right there
Yea have no idea why alarm went off started truck walked away keys on table loud exhaust so I heard truck stall then alarm lmaoo message on dash said something about resetting il have to catch it next time.

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Yea have no idea why alarm went off started truck walked away keys on table loud exhaust so I heard truck stall then alarm lmaoo message on dash said something about resetting il have to catch it next time.
And you have a new fob battery? I've heard that if the fob itself has a weak battery it can do weird stuff like that and the alarm going off makes me wonder of that's your issue. Maybe even some kind of strange corrosion in the fob itself.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And you have a new fob battery? I've heard that if the fob itself has a weak battery it can do weird stuff like that and the alarm going off makes me wonder of that's your issue. Maybe even some kind of strange corrosion in the fob itself.
All 3 fobs i use are about a year old could be will try a diffrent one in the mornin.

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
All 3 fobs i use are about a year old could be will try a diffrent one in the mornin.
I'm going with that, personally after all the research I did on funny remote start behaviors. Hope I'm right. Let us know.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The only time my remote start fails to work is when my fuel level is low. I assume it’s a safety feature because my wife is able to consistently recreate the conditions :buttkick:
Chrysler has some funny safety measures,lol.My wifes 1320 if the fuel light is on,it won't let you utilize the line lock or transmission brake,and also cuts power to the tune of about 2/10's if the light comes during a pass. :rolleyes: From what us 1320 owners have come to the conculision is,it's to save the car from hurting itself,but that's guess for the most part,but it's all we can come up with.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've never used a block heater. Doesn't get all that cold here.
Currently it's -15c with wind chill -25c. Usually -35c is coldest it gets here.

If the battery is good and you don't have anything drawing power when it's off.
I would check all wires every where. Make sure no animal has started to chewy on any of them.

That noise to me, sounds like wrong voltage/amps to fan. could be wrong though.
No you don't need to have or use a black heater, but by using one to warm the engine lowers engine wear & tare, a warm engine consumes less gas then a very cold one, with the coolant warmed up it helps clear the windows faster and warm up the interior...

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No you don't need to have or use a black heater, but by using one to warm the engine lowers engine wear & tare, a warm engine consumes less gas then a very cold one, with the coolant warmed up it helps clear the windows faster and warm up the interior...
I know. many relatives and family use them... I'm in Canada. Almost every car/truck has plug for it.

I'm just lazy and don't care, nor have I had reason to plug it in.

It's not that cold here. If I lived on farm, more north, or one of those cold provinces like WildOne, would be different.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I know. many relatives and family use them... I'm in Canada. Almost every car/truck has plug for it.

I'm just lazy and don't care, nor have I had reason to plug it in.

It's not that cold here. If I lived on farm, more north, or one of those cold provinces like WildOne, would be different.
We just went from -6C at 7:30 to +6C by 8:00,gotta love Alberta Chinooks,can't beat a 12 degree warm-up in a 1/2 hour :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We just went from -6C at 7:30 to +6C by 8:00,gotta love Alberta Chinooks,can't beat a 12 degree warm-up in a 1/2 hour :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

My first day in Calgary, was going to U there. I got off the greyhound bus. It was Aug or start of Sep.
It was nice day warm day. 20C range. 1 hour later it started to raining really hard. 2 hours later it was hail. 1 hour later it was snowing, 2 hours later it was sand storm, then it was back to Sunny day.
Lasted year of that crazy weather. Edmonton was way too cold. Vancouver with drizzle was annoying. Back to Ontario with Normal weather :)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My first day in Calgary, was going to U there. I got off the greyhound bus. It was Aug or start of Sep.
It was nice day warm day. 20C range. 1 hour later it started to raining really hard. 2 hours later it was hail. 1 hour later it was snowing, 2 hours later it was sand storm, then it was back to Sunny day.
Lasted year of that crazy weather. Edmonton was way too cold. Vancouver with drizzle was annoying. Back to Ontario with Normal weather :)
Way to crowded in TO for me,i hate people in general,so TO's not for me lol.I grew up in the middle of blutt fluck nowhere Saskatchewan,so Calgary's weather in the winter is a big improvement compared to Saskatchewans or Manitoba's winter, :waytogo: :cheers:

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Way to crowded in TO for me,lol.I grew up in the middle of blutt fluck nowhere Saskatchewan,so Calgary's weather in the winter is big improvement compared to Saskatchewans or Manitoba's winter,lol
Right down the road from Ricky, Julian and Bubbles!!!

OP
OP
RodRamCar

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Sometimes i think they have a trailer parked out here to :Big Laugh:
I wonder what those guys actually live in. Bet their living conditions are actually pretty decent haha. Not back in the day though.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Way to crowded in TO for me,i hate people in general,so TO's not for me lol.I grew up in the middle of blutt fluck nowhere Saskatchewan,so Calgary's weather in the winter is a big improvement compared to Saskatchewans or Manitoba's winter, :waytogo: :cheers:
I have relatives in both those provinces. stayed in Sask. for 3 weeks. flat cold and boring.
I don't really live in TO. North of it on 2 acres. We have a lot animals here, deer, coyote, rabbits, etc..

Travelled a lot when I was young. Don't think they have those cheap greyhound buss anymore.