Replacement Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman 5.7 Hemi. Looking for any leads on an OEM or suitable replacement muffler (Part Number 68213892AA). Finding that it is out of stock or asking insane shipping prices. I have one lead on Amazon, but I’m hesitant to blindly purchase without reviews posted or ability to return.

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Solid recommendation Thank you! Never seen that site before—they have an excellent selection and the site is really easy to navigate. Their shipping charges are really reasonable too. Thanks again!

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Solid recommendation Thank you! Never seen that site before—they have an excellent selection and the site is really easy to navigate. Their shipping charges are really reasonable too. Thanks again!
Search the forum, there are TONS of threads of mufflers for the 5.7.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you looking for a stock sound or something louder?

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man if you were closer i still have my old factory muffler off of my 2015 2500 you could have it. Just sitting my shed taking up room. Bit of a drive just for a muffler and assuming it’s the same muffler between 5.7 and 6.4.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want sound without the drone, black widow venom 250. Will be similar in size to a flowmaster 40, be slightly quieter at idle, get louder when on the throttle, but have zero drone on the highway.

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you looking for a stock sound or something louder?
Stock replacement. All I do with it is tow a heavy trailer and the exhaust noise is nearly unbearable on hilly terrain with the current holes on my stock one. Anything that is aftermarket, but similar resistance/muffling would work

Last edited:
OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Man if you were closer i still have my old factory muffler off of my 2015 2500 you could have it. Just sitting my shed taking up room. Bit of a drive just for a muffler and assuming it’s the same muffler between 5.7 and 6.4
Very generous offer! Unfortunately your next of the woods isn’t in my travel plans and the 6.4 looks like it might be a bit different. Otherwise I would pay for shipping and give you something for your time. Thanks again for the offer!

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Many swear by the Carven. https://carvenexhaust.com/collections/ram
Direct fit
While I have and love my progressive series it is nothing like stock and drones terribly in a crew cab.

I built a 1/4 wave resonator and it’s much more tolerable now. *edit* seeing that you said you tow stay away from carven. I swap my stock muffler back in when I tow.

Have you checked local junk yards? Most of them cut the cats out and could care less about the rest of the exhaust you could probably find the muffler for like $20.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Agreed on the mild aftermarket upgrade. Donno how much shipping would be, but I literally just finished using my stock muffler & manifolds to help flatten some plywood. Other than using as weights, they're useless to me

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stock replacement. All I do with it is tow a heavy trailer and the exhaust noise is nearly unbearable on hilly terrain with the current holes on my stock one. Anything that is aftermarket, but similar resistance/muffling would work
If you're on Facebook, check marketplace. Can often times find OEM mufflers for free or cheap. Check OfferUp or similar apps as well.

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
While I have and love my progressive series it is nothing like stock and drones terribly in a crew cab.

I built a 1/4 wave resonator and it’s much more tolerable now. *edit* seeing that you said you tow stay away from carven. I swap my stock muffler back in when I tow.

Have you checked local junk yards? Most of them cut the cats out and could care less about the rest of the exhaust you could probably find the muffler for like $20.
Good thought on the junkyard Very interesting. For a short term solution, I might just slap a can of Muffler Weld compound 9ver the existing holes to save my sanity on the next few trips lol

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Agreed on the mild aftermarket upgrade. Donno how much shipping would be, but I literally just finished using my stock muffler & manifolds to help flatten some plywood. Other than using as weights, they're useless to me
From Alaska? That’s gotta be pricey I suspect. Thanks anyway!

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good thought on the junkyard Very interesting. For a short term solution, I might just slap a can of Muffler Weld compound 9ver the existing holes to save my sanity on the next few trips lol
If you just have pinholes, any local muffler shop could weld those right up.

Also second Facebook marketplace I picked up an oem muffler on there for free in the past.

wjcarp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure if you have Facebook, but there are OEM mufflers on marketplace and some of them are only $50. If that doesn’t work for you, I’m in southern Va and in a week or two I’m replacing my OEM muffler and depending on where you are we can figure something out.

OP
OP
dcleonard

dcleonard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not sure if you have Facebook, but there are OEM mufflers on marketplace and some of them are only $50. If that doesn’t work for you, I’m in southern Va and in a week or two I’m replacing my OEM muffler and depending on where you are we can figure something out.
I’ve combed over FB and most/all of them are dual output type. I need Part # 68213892AA. It’s a single pipe in and out The part number on my 2016 2500 5.7 Hemi is on the side of the muffler facing ouward—pretty easy to see and read. I’m in Yorktown, VA area, so if you have a matching muffler number, i would love to make a deal and I’m willing to drive. Thanks!