Replacing the jump seat top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deep_Blu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So this is my second post, I am curious about something, do the newer Ram jump seats [just the back] bolt into the same bracket that the older ones do? I just got my 2500 with the old style jump seat and the lack of cup holders has been driving me nuts, i've heard it's possible to convert to the center console that this year of truck had, but finding one for a price that won't bankrupt me is another matter.

Has anybody tried just taking a 2009+ jumpseat top and marrying it to a 2006-08 lower? i know the newer trucks run air vents under the jump seat so i can't just bolt the entire assembly onto it, if anybody has tried this please let me know because i can get the newer style jump seats for almost nothing.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
So this is my second post, I am curious about something, do the newer Ram jump seats [just the back] bolt into the same bracket that the older ones do? I just got my 2500 with the old style jump seat and the lack of cup holders has been driving me nuts, i've heard it's possible to convert to the center console that this year of truck had, but finding one for a price that won't bankrupt me is another matter.

Has anybody tried just taking a 2009+ jumpseat top and marrying it to a 2006-08 lower? i know the newer trucks run air vents under the jump seat so i can't just bolt the entire assembly onto it, if anybody has tried this please let me know because i can get the newer style jump seats for almost nothing.
I'm not sure on just the top half bolting in, but you can replace the entire center jumpseat with a newer one. I'll upload some pictures if I can find some of my install. I can write it all up if youd like. Overall it was pretty simple

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure on just the top half bolting in, but you can replace the entire center jumpseat with a newer one. I'll upload some pictures if I can find some of my install. I can write it all up if youd like. Overall it was pretty simple
A write up would be awesome, as I've been thinking of doing this but need some inspiration

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
So if you replace the middle jump seat, do you have to buy any mounting brackets? I thought the jump seat mounts to the passenger frame, and not at all to driver's seat.
I am asking because I just bought a pair of 2010 slate grey leather seats. Just a left and right seat. I am putting them into my 2005 that has cloth seats and a jump seat in the middle. I wanted to sell the 2005 cloth seats as a full set, and not break out the jump seat. Are the brackets to mount a jump seat the same for a 2005 and a 2010 pair of seats? I think it would be easier to just buy a newer matching jump seat (newer model with cup holders to match seats) for the 2010 I just purchased. And leave the 2005 set alone (but note that even on cloth seats, the jump seat is slate grey leather - just no inside compartment or cup holders). Any insights or suggestions?

dmccabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L V8
So if you replace the middle jump seat, do you have to buy any mounting brackets? I thought the jump seat mounts to the passenger frame, and not at all to driver's seat.
I am asking because I just bought a pair of 2010 slate grey leather seats. Just a left and right seat. I am putting them into my 2005 that has cloth seats and a jump seat in the middle. I wanted to sell the 2005 cloth seats as a full set, and not break out the jump seat. Are the brackets to mount a jump seat the same for a 2005 and a 2010 pair of seats? I think it would be easier to just buy a newer matching jump seat (newer model with cup holders to match seats) for the 2010 I just purchased. And leave the 2005 set alone (but note that even on cloth seats, the jump seat is slate grey leather - just no inside compartment or cup holders). Any insights or suggestions?

No replies from anyone?

Shoveltuski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500 4x4 double cab shortbox
Engine
4.7L v8
I know on the earliest 3rd gen the jumpseat bolts through both the driver’s seat base & passenger’s seat base. Jumpseat itself has (6) bolts on underside w/ 13mm nuts that fasten to (3) Drvr seat & (3) pass seat bases. Not sure about only replacing back/top section.