Rough Country Zertex coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Anyone have them? Know anyone with them on? I need reviews and pics of them on your truck would be great too. I already have an RC 6" lift and wouldnt mind upgrading the front Beilsteins to this coilover setup. $1000 sounds better than $1500 for Kings.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Anyone have them? Know anyone with them on? I need reviews and pics of them on your truck would be great too. I already have an RC 6" lift and wouldnt mind upgrading the front Beilsteins to this coilover setup. $1000 sounds better than $1500 for Kings.

In another post we debated the premium price tag associated with those coilovers. I've always known RC towards the entry level kits and other brands on the premium end like BDS. I've very curious to see how they perform but not on my dime.

I haven't seen anyone post up that they have purchased a set. We need pics and reviews for those of you holding out on the rest of us. :D

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

i'll start off by saying Personally I would spend the extra money. Lately RC's N3 shocks have been getting decent reviews (i do not have first hand experience). I can say rough country has always been known as one of the worst shocks in the industry. That is one of the reasons why they are budget friendly. The Zertex coilovers are priced aggressively but in my opinion too close to others with a solid reputation. If they were $500-$700 i could see but I feel like they are trying to punch above their weight class. Only time will tell they might have stepped up their game in the world of shocks

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
$1500 for Kings ? That's the price on the OE ones without adjusters. Since you have a 6" lift that will be a custom length and you should get them tuned too :) Custom lenght shocks from Kings don't have a warranty btw. Not that you need one anyways, i'm on my 3rd set of rear ones cause i ordered a custom lenght and my 2nd set wasn't what i asked. Custom lenght is extra, tuning is extra, all well worth if you need all that stuff.

This is a more realistic price directly from FilltyMotorsports for example on Custom 6" CO's from Kings with tuning, NO adjusters. With adjusters the price goes to $2300. Accutune is prob the same thing.
upload_2021-1-13_21-37-15.png

I'll go with Kings no questions asked, RC will never be King or Fox or Icon or Radflo or any other of the big names in suspension performance recognized for years all over the world. But at the same time, Not everybody needs that kind of performance and reputation, perhaps you want some bling and at the same time get something you can bash here and there as needed ? If i had $1000 laying around cause i want my truck to perform better than 5100's, and i didn't want 6112's with a big top spacer for example i'll prob do the RC coilovers just for the sake of it.

The Ford boys have been playing with those RC Vertex CO's since 2019, This is an F150 with a Procomp 6" lift, guy like you didn't want spacers anymore, wanted a little more performance without paying for Kings or Fox and wanted more bling as well....

upload_2021-1-13_21-53-14.png

upload_2021-1-13_21-44-39.png

upload_2021-1-13_21-48-35.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I figured $1500 was conservative with Kings. But yeah getting rid of the top spacer with better handling than bilsteins is what I was asking. Thanks for the reply and pics, even though a Ford.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fabtech also have 6" Coilovers. They're made by Dirtlogic. Not Kings or Fox but I'll say better than RC and they're made here in Socal and Not China like RC. I don't think you get adjusters though.

So with the RC vertex 6" CO's it seems you get reservoirs and adjusters for $999
Dirtlogic 6" CO's without res: FTS23157 are about $1300
Dirtlogic 6" CO's with the res: FTS820452 are about $1700.

If looking for savings you can do the ones without the reservoirs, i wouldn't pay the $1700 for res version when King or Fox 2.5 6" CO's are literally couple of hundos more, Fox cheaper price list i think is $2k but Nick should be able to get you a better deal. All of this is pricing just the front. King doesn't have 2.0 shocks for our rears if you were looking to save in the space as well., at least not as an OE version that you can customize, but they can build them from their 2.0 base shocks and put the same mounts tha will fit the RAM 1500. again all this stuff is custom which means no warranty like the OE ones.

RC have their matching 2.25" i think for the rears
Same with Fabtech
Same with Fox, with Fox you have the option of going with 2.0 or 2.5, with warranty, though the options for 5-6" rears in 2.5 will come from our sister 2500's choice if you want a warranty.
Icon and Radflo could also build 6" CO's and 5-6" shocks, all custom as well. I'd figure Icon will be cheaper than King or Fox or Radflo because they don't add reservoirs.

I'll call everybody and wait for quotes, then take a decision..

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with what all the others said. You can get a MUCH better shock for only a little more money. Plus I would bet the slightly more expensive options would not only perform/ride better but last longer. RC is a low cost entry option, and when it comes to suspension you get what you pay for.

The Fabtech's Dirt Logic is a great option for close to the same price. They will for sure be better than the RC's.

Message me if you would like a quote on anything. We offer Fabtech, Fox, Icon, King, etc...

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@808ram1500 Nick is your go to guy for pricing but if you’re looking to save money and improve your ride Nick can set you up with Bilstein 6112’s they are a completely different animal than the 5100’s you have. They will not replace the top hat spacers though

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@808ram1500 Nick is your go to guy for pricing but if you’re looking to save money and improve your ride Nick can set you up with Bilstein 6112’s they are a completely different animal than the 5100’s you have. They will not replace the top hat spacers though

The 6112's are a great option. WAAAAAYY better than the 5100's and at a lower cost than 2.5 coil overs. As mentioned they are not full length for that application to remove the top spacer but that is not a terrible thing either. The 6112's perform very well on and off road and are a very reliable option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye