Running a 12-Volt Line (or Tapping Off One Already Present) Under Seats for Heated Seat Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Fellas,

Happy Veteran's Day - to all those who served, thank you for your service! Former USAF here ;)

I own a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.7L Hemi - and I love driving it!

So, I'm going to do a cloth-to-leather upgrade of my upholstery throughout the vehicle. I already have the new upholstery from LeatherSeats.com, and I also opted for heated seats for the two front ones. I've got to tell you, they do wonderful work - and the custom finishing is really going to spruce up my interior!

But I wanted to know about running a 12-volt ignition-activated line from under the dash, and I also don't know whether or not one is already present on my Gen 4 that could simply be used. I know the seats have a relay(s), so I just wanted to add that information up front.

Sorry if this is a well-traveled subject...I did a couple searches and couldn't find anything at all on this topic.

Many thanks,

Maitai

OP
OP
M

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you Wild One, I appreciate the help. They can shut this thread down if mods want to...

Regards,

Maitai

**EDIT** Wild One, thanks again...but I will not be running my heated seats through the infotainment center, nor do I want or need codes added to reflash my computer...I just need a switched 12-volts under the console/seats. Also, my heated seats have their own analog switches and relays, which I'll be able to look at the manual tomorrow. This is a regular, old-school addition that will not require tapping into the ECM. From what I can tell, there are plenty of instructions past what the original poster's setup called for, including the switched 12V at the ignition configuration. Thanks. Maitai

Last edited: