Salt is coming soon I fear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwilburn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Limited Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Some of us have no choice... My 2014, purchased in 2013, has been "undercoated" 3 times now with grease and/or fluid film (the grease is way better). Not only do I drive it at home, but I also drag a large enclosed snowmobile trailer to Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Ontario. When there's snow, I'm draggin the trailer somewhere to ride.
And don't get me started on salt... the county I live in uses more salt per lane-mile than anywhere in the US (I've researched). Ate my 2005 to pieces by 2012.
In 2013, Maryland State Highway used 82 tons per lane-mile on state highways in Garrett County. The nearest "competitor" (UP of MI) used 24 tons per lane-mile (they had over 300" of snow that year). I checked every state in the NE US, Midwest, and Western US. The next highest usage was about 12 tons per lane-mile.
MD SHA - biggest polluter in the entire state.

See... you had to get me started.:oops:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
You have a car wash that takes trucks?
Every car wash I have seen around always has signs "No trucks", "No duallies".
Really , around here if that was the case , they would be broke, 1/2 the stuff is trucks, the one I mainly use has lots of room inside, turn to come in could be tight for a dually, but there are a few large truck wash places, at 6.oo / gallons , you guys have it good down there. We where over 2.oo/ liter, down a bit now, I don't use it anymore , gas is 1.70/liter right now.

There is not a lot of salt used here, unless ice, in town they just spread sand on the corners , we run winter tire , if you have a brain, some don't .

Last edited: