Screen changing by itself

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My radio screen on 2018 PW started going crazy. Changing SiriusXM channels by itself occasionally stopping then going again. I hit the apps button and it stopped for a bit on that screen then started again this time changing climate controls turning on camera etc. Anyone else seen this?

Kicker96fs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a power cord from some device hanging down in front of or close to the screen? RF from those drive it nuts!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My radio screen on 2018 PW started going crazy. Changing SiriusXM channels by itself occasionally stopping then going again. I hit the apps button and it stopped for a bit on that screen then started again this time changing climate controls turning on camera etc. Anyone else seen this?

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

KLook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My buddy just bought a really nice Laramie and the radio is a piece of Sh*t. It just reboots while we are driving down the road.....I envy his big touch screen but my 2014 does not work either so I guess nothing has improved......

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My buddy just bought a really nice Laramie and the radio is a piece of Sh*t. It just reboots while we are driving down the road.....I envy his big touch screen but my 2014 does not work either so I guess nothing has improved......

The 12" screens are junk, I have one in my 2019 and it has been a big disappointment.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
The 12" screens are junk, I have one in my 2019 and it has been a big disappointment.

I know things that go wrong with a brand new truck are frustrating... but not all of the 12" screens are bad.

My 2020 Wagon has never had an issue with the screen...

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know things that go wrong with a brand new truck are frustrating... but not all of the 12" screens are bad.

My 2020 Wagon has never had an issue with the screen...

There are enough of them having issues that class action lawsuits have been filed against FCA about them. It sounds like it is just a matter of time before the issues start showing up. Some people see them almost immediately others may not see them for a year or so. Mine starting acting up within a couple of weeks.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Sounds like a screen fault. Do you have a screen protector installed over the touchscreen?

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds like a screen fault. Do you have a screen protector installed over the touchscreen?

It is a design flaw that from the research I have done looks to be to little memory. The touch screen itself still works but no audio functions work including and cell phone/hands free functions.

RobC80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I'm new here. I've had a 1500 since 2018 and have had numerous frustrations with fuel filling, leaks, and of course my screen peeling and pushing buttons on it's own. This all started about a month after my warranty ran out, of course. Does RAM know something???

So my screen started to separate (bubbling) about year 4, ever so slowly and now half the screen has separated. All the touch buttons still work, however now the same button continually pushes itself (SXM button) so I can't select AM/FM/ AUX or USB ports. Now the pressed button tone beeps incessantly. SO much fun.

I've done the fuse change and got a new battery, but neither fixed it.

Does this require a whole new screen/radio console replacement? And will I just get another cheap one that will have the same problems in 3 years?
I see no one has posted here for a long while, so maybe I've missed the solution somewhere.

Glad to finally be here, hopefully I can find some answers because I'm close to getting rid of the truck (from leaks to fuel issues to this screen issue).

mullet6577

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From my reading, 2018s are fairly notorious for the problem you're describing. Do a forum search for "delamination" and you're bound to find a lot of posts describing the problem and potential fixes.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello all, I'm new here. I've had a 1500 since 2018 and have had numerous frustrations with fuel filling, leaks, and of course my screen peeling and pushing buttons on it's own. This all started about a month after my warranty ran out, of course. Does RAM know something???

So my screen started to separate (bubbling) about year 4, ever so slowly and now half the screen has separated. All the touch buttons still work, however now the same button continually pushes itself (SXM button) so I can't select AM/FM/ AUX or USB ports. Now the pressed button tone beeps incessantly. SO much fun.

I've done the fuse change and got a new battery, but neither fixed it.

Does this require a whole new screen/radio console replacement? And will I just get another cheap one that will have the same problems in 3 years?
I see no one has posted here for a long while, so maybe I've missed the solution somewhere.

Glad to finally be here, hopefully I can find some answers because I'm close to getting rid of the truck (from leaks to fuel issues to this screen issue).
Welcome!

Unfortunately yes... 2018 had an issue with screen delamination. There are threads all over the forum about it. I had the dealer replace mine as part of the deal to buy my truck (used) as I noticed the screen delaminating. It does require a complete radio replacement. I haven't seen this to be a problem on other year models (at least not to this degree).

@RamCares might be able to provide you with some details.