Service Electronic Stability Control ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
This has happened before. It shows this error on display and the 2WD light on rotary shifter is not illuminated. This locks out my transmission in first gear and basically renders the truck undriveable.
Previously had to have it towed to the dealer. They diagnosed it as water intrusion . It was repaired and I drove the truck home.
About three weeks ago planned to go put gas in the truck. Started motor and this error messaged popped up on the dispaly again. Service Electronic Stability Control. No 2WD light on either on shifter. Pulled out and ended up returning as it would not shift out of 1st gear. Parked and ran motor for some time. The next day started truck again and the error was no longer on display and 2WD was now on. Drove out and had no issues.
Can a low battery voltage have a direct effect on this sensor. Tonight I started my truck and it innitially started a little sluggish and then fired up. It is again displaying the same error on dash , no 2WD on shifter.
Its been quite cold here the last few days. Voltage on gauge is @ 14.8 V. Could my battery be the culprit.
Is 14.8V a normal voltage? Really hate to have to deal with the dealer again in this pandemic.
As of late cannot remote start using my key fob. It will just beep once and nothing...again Im thinking battery. How much volts is needed for the remote start to function.
I know it's a long post...just wanting to give you all the details.
2019 Ram 1500 Sport with 10.4K on the clock.
Thanks Guys.

dburns18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I fired mine up this morning (10/18/21) to leave out and it didn't start when I initially pushed the button. Not sure if my foot wasn't on brake or maybe didn't hold button long enough.
Tried again and it started but had the service electronic stability control message on dash and was stuck in low gear also. Tried restarting several times but nothing changed. I was still in my neighborhood so I came back home and disconnected positive lead on battery for couple minutes. This cleared it up and all was good after that.
Hopefully it will not come back again.

Cadem23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Problem solved. Battery was replaced under warranty.
Have you had any issues with this since? I have the exact same issue going on. Going to replace the battery tomorrow. wanted to see if you had any other issues since replacing the battery?

ic3man5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Have you had any issues with this since? I have the exact same issue going on. Going to replace the battery tomorrow. wanted to see if you had any other issues since replacing the battery?
Have you replaced your battery and had problems since? Thinking this might be my issue also.

ic3man5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I replaced the battery tonight with an EverStart MAXX-H7 so we will see if this fixes anything. Seems like a good battery; tested 100CCA over rating and I couldn't get the crank test to work (I'm guessing voltage didn't drop low enough for it to detect it).

3072-4096-max.jpg