Shake in Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelm_ski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter
I hope I am posting this in the right place I have a 2003 with 5.7 hemi and just had lower ball joints and both front wheel hub assembly and a front end alignment and now when I drive down the road and hit a bump the front shakes ? and I notice it doesn't happen all of the time and when I pull over on the shoulder of the road and turn back onto the road it rides fine as if nothing happened , I appreciate any help as I am unsure at what it could be .

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
May have slack in the upper ball joints.

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Hard to say what it is, but best thing to do is floor jack the front end up and check for loose parts first. Could be a loose wheel, bad shocks, a tie rod bad or loose etc.. Shake that front end down good first

audiowize

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Yes, get each front wheel off the ground and pull on them to see if anything is loose. Also visually inspect your control arm bushings for cracks in the rubber. If they haven't been done but were OK before you had that work performed, doing the ball joints may have just been enough for them to rip and fail.