Shocker Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well I have been wanting one of these awesome receiver mounts for sometime but had to round up the money.

Here is a picture of what I bought I have not tried it yet because I put the boat in storage before I bought it.
ProductAirShock250x200.gif

I'll let you all know the results but I rode with a friend who has a Lund Tyee and the thing impressed me on that trip so I landed one. I like that they are built right her in North Dakota too actually bought mine directly from Bob the inventor and owner of the company.

Shocker Hitch - Air Suspension Trailer Hitches

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well I have been wanting one of these awesome receiver mounts for sometime but had to round up the money.

Here is a picture of what I bought I have not tried it yet because I put the boat in storage before I bought it.
ProductAirShock250x200.gif

I'll let you all know the results but I rode with a friend who has a Lund Tyee and the thing impressed me on that trip so I landed one. I like that they are built right her in North Dakota too actually bought mine directly from Bob the inventor and owner of the company.

Shocker Hitch - Air Suspension Trailer Hitches

First time I have EVER seen something like that. Pretty damn cool!

Heres some vids I watch on it. And one of another brand hitch that does the samething.

SHOCKERHITCH GOOSENECK SURGE AIR HITCH - YouTube

AirSafe

woa that is cool!! How much did it run you? Any increase in towing?? And how does it actually work? How does it direct the weight etc. :) Looking forward to this one! Can you also get it in different colors other than red? :p

$399 on their site

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
woa that is cool!! How much did it run you? Any increase in towing?? And how does it actually work? How does it direct the weight etc. :) Looking forward to this one! Can you also get it in different colors other than red? :p

Colors seem to be set in this nice victory red/ flame red for us Ram guys and on mine the balls are black not chrome which is just fine for me. They are $399 but from what I can tell worth every penny since they are rated for 12000 pounds and they will eliminate the banging up and down that occurs when hauling a car trailer or other large heavy trailer. I don't think it will redistribute the weight but so I am excited to see if I can use it with 29' camper or if it would not work. I'll let you know when I know more. I will say you cannot beat the quality of this thing they weld almost everything and what they don't weld they use heavy duty pins for.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
looks easy enough to paint. price looks to be from 345 to 400

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
First time I have EVER seen something like that. Pretty damn cool!

Heres some vids I watch on it. And one of another brand hitch that does the samething.

SHOCKERHITCH GOOSENECK SURGE AIR HITCH - YouTube

AirSafe

$399 on their site

Air Safe is also made here in North Dakota but watching the video it looks like the Air Safe depends way too much on air like the thing would break if airbag failed.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Air Safe is also made here in North Dakota but watching the video it looks like the Air Safe depends way too much on air like the thing would break if airbag failed.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Shocker needs to have a similar vid.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
wow that's bad ass

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I rigged mine with a lock so no one can steal the ball mount like they did my friends.
u6ugabu9.jpg

$miley

Last edited:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Wow that's awesome. I've only ever towed a couple things before and the trailer bouncing around sure gets annoying.

I guess this probably doesn't work with drop hitches though.

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You can get a mount that drops more than mine does for those with lifts. I will show you it hooked up to camper this week probably Saturday. I got a promotion and it is 2 hours away so I will be living in a camper until I can work things out.

$miley

OP
OP
smiley

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Well got to try out the shocker today. I had to take in the camper to get the furnace fixed. I think the hitch is really awesome. I remember hauling a 24' tandem enclosed trailer and it bounced a lot more than I would like. This think really helps a lot. I emptied the air and the hooked up and then filled up accordingly. I also filled up the airbags so she would not squat as much. Pulls nice I never went over 60 but I am sure it would do okay at a bit higher okay maybe 70 max though. I had to issue with sway so that made me happy. Well worth the money I spent.

geqepagu.jpg
ugyju2eq.jpg
2egymu8u.jpg

$miley