Sirius Access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I knew my Access subscription was expiring soon so I called Sirius Access. Even with driving less miles due to the pandemic, I still like the connected services and was ready to renew for another year at the 149.99 rate. The rep told me that they are discontinuing the yearly rate because they are switching carriers and will only go monthly until the switch-over takes place. The monthly rate is 14.99 and I was disappointed that I'd be paying more for the same services. Then she explained that Access was going to 4G and that when my vehicle became eligible, I'd get all the current connected services plus 2gig of Wifi a month for 9.99. This almost seems too good to be true, but that is what she said. She did say that they would have to send some type of adapter that has to be installed on the truck. Has anyone else heard about this? Perhaps this should be in the electronics section, but I thought I'd start out here. Thanks in advance for any replies.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Whenever i call Sirius for anything, i reject the person that answers.
I know that Sirius outsources everything to a company in India.
I politely ask that person to transfer the call to the main office which i believe is in New York.

The person in the main office knows the answers to any questions & they can give you a better deal, if there is any available.

The person in India is only allowed to read from a pamphlet that Sirius sends them, they can't vary from that pamphlet

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
https://www.siriusxm.com/ has their Select service advertised for $60 for the year. This is what my buddy has paid the last two years for his and was only $99/yr before that. $120-$150 for the year sounds like full price, there is better deals to be had.
Keep in mind that with a smart phone and unlimited data plans now available you can stream just about any radio station available.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Take this with a grain of salt because I'm in Canada, but I just linked my new truck radio to my Sirius account (the free 12 months is a pretty nice perk). So obviously the ads on every site I visit are now SIRIUSXM related, and they now have a promo for $1/month for your first 4 months. This includes streaming inside and out of the vehicle.

When I was a regular paying Sirius customer, I would call every couple of months and threaten to cancel, they would go through this long and annoying sales pitch but eventually, my price would be cut significantly.