SLT to Sport Bumper conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
View attachment 144826 View attachment 144827 View attachment 144828 View attachment 144822
Just go with a paintable lower section of your current bumper. Sport bumper isn’t worth the hassle for the end result IMO

Here’s a painted lower section example just to throw it out there.

I like it better aesthetically than the sport plastic setup and it’s a lot less work (and less $$$) than converting bumpers.

I think you can buy the paintable lower section for just a couple hundred, then paint and bolt it on..

Where can you get these paintable lower sections? I almost like that more than the sport bumper

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fog lights don’t have brackets for the sport bumper. There are holes they go into on the large plastic bumper behind the bumper cover. You have to put them in before you put the final bumper cover on. They are held in by plastic clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i bought the 2009, Sunburst Orange was one of the color options
I quickly got used to the color, because the State of California Highway Dept, (Caltrans) only had Orange Equipment & i worked for them for over 33 years, before retiring.
I started up my Pilot Car Company & the drivers of the Oversized Loads could easily spot my Orange Ram in their rear view mirrors or on winding roads when i had to lead the truckers through the curves. The truckers did not have to wonder if it was my Ram out in front of them, After all, how many Sunburst Orange vehicles are on the same road at the same time.
That is why i wanted to factory order a 2016 Ram, i tried to order it in Sunburst Orange.
That was not an option, so i ordered Red & the salesman told me that a brand new Red was available, but no one had ever seen it.
It turned out to be a god awful Delmonico Red & i had to get rid of it

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
When i bought the 2009, Sunburst Orange was one of the color options
I quickly got used to the color, because the State of California Highway Dept, (Caltrans) only had Orange Equipment & i worked for them for over 33 years, before retiring.
I started up my Pilot Car Company & the drivers of the Oversized Loads could easily spot my Orange Ram in their rear view mirrors or on winding roads when i had to lead the truckers through the curves. The truckers did not have to wonder if it was my Ram out in front of them, After all, how many Sunburst Orange vehicles are on the same road at the same time.
That is why i wanted to factory order a 2016 Ram, i tried to order it in Sunburst Orange.
That was not an option, so i ordered Red & the salesman told me that a brand new Red was available, but no one had ever seen it.
It turned out to be a god awful Delmonico Red & i had to get rid of it

That's pretty awesome.

That's sorta why I held on to my 09 Sunburst Orange ram for so long. It's a awesome color and I might have seen 3-4 others in the 8 years I owned.
I just sold it though and got a 2018 New Holland blue.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I really like the New Holland Blue
Although i think that i would have to break up the color just a bit to mellow it out

The New Holland Blue Ram that was in line at the dealerships Service Center, hurt my eyes because the owner had put wide chrome strips on both doors, i guess to fend off door dings

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The big bolts they held the SLT bumper are used on the metal support for the sport one.

You can reuse the air dam stuff but I broke most of mine because the are plastic.

The corner bolts that hold the bumper to the corner are reused. Not much else because all the metal parts on the SLT ones stay on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that spoiler looking thing on the bottom that gets attached to the bottom of the sport cover also gets bolted to brackets underneath . I can't take a pic as I cut them off when I removed that air dam . Ground effects looks odd to me on a lifted truck. I wish I could mod the actual cover to get rid of the lip but that would look butchered . I made new brackets to add support to the bumper cover to replace what I removed

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Now that this site has changed

We need to state what Year & model Ram that you are referring to

I can't figure out whether you all are modifying a 2009 - 2012 or a 2013 through 2018+

I have Chrome bumper parts for a 2016 Ram
I can take pix of the part numbers if they are needed

most of the tags are just as clear as this

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/921/Tibo7y.jpg

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Now that this site has changed

We need to state what Year & model Ram that you are referring to

I can't figure out whether you all are modifying a 2009 - 2012 or a 2013 through 2018+

I have Chrome bumper parts for a 2016 Ram
I can take pix of the part numbers if they are needed

most of the tags are just as clear as this

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/921/Tibo7y.jpg
good point. I have a 2017 ram 1500 4x4, crew cab, 6'4" bed. Black.

IMG_4325.JPG