Smoked clearance lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
How are the lights doing? I looked at them on Amazon the reviews are not the best with 26% 3 and below stars. A lot of negative about the connectors to the wire harness and light not mounting flush.

I did see your's mounts flush so that part, might be different model years

Thanks
They are not the best. They fit flush because I use the rubber seat pads from factory lights. I have 2 that are flickering right now after only having them about 5 or so months. I'm about fed up with these clearance lights wish my truck never came with them!!!! They either get moisture in them or they flicker out in a few months.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They are not the best. They fit flush because I use the rubber seat pads from factory lights. I have 2 that are flickering right now after only having them about 5 or so months. I'm about fed up with these clearance lights wish my truck never came with them!!!! They either get moisture in them or they flicker out in a few months.

Thank you for the update, think I will pass on them. I do like having them I might try some LED bulbs in my, not sure if they come with LED's or standard bulbs from the factory.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thank you for the update, think I will pass on them. I do like having them I might try some LED bulbs in my, not sure if they come with LED's or standard bulbs from the factory.
They are standard bulbs from factory so led might look better. My factory lenses kept getting moisture in them that is why I switched them out and I liked the smoke lenses better

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I love my LED clearance lights. Smoked lens as well. The ugly white warts up top killed me.

Doobie.jpg

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Which smoked lenses do you have?
I got the cheap Partsam ones from Amazon. The reviews for the Recons at three times the price were the same, so I figured why waste the money? I reused the rubber gasket from the factory lights, with black RTV between the gasket and metal of the cab, RTV between the gasket and the light housing, and dipped the screws in RTV to seal the threads.
Here's a link:
https://www.amazon.com/Marker-Light...-18744-3114-----6-0&sr=1-14&ymm=2014:ram:2500

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They are standard bulbs from factory so led might look better. My factory lenses kept getting moisture in them that is why I switched them out and I liked the smoke lenses better

Thank you, I had my lights chance out when I first got my truck (warranty) because of moisture, it's been over a year now and they are staying dry the last time I check.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The top running lights on the roof of the cab
They are partsam on Amazon. About $30. Not the greatest but they are good price. I bought the recon lights also and they flicker out after time as well. I have no luck with these clearance lights

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thank you, I had my lights chance out when I first got my truck (warranty) because of moisture, it's been over a year now and they are staying dry the last time I check.
Yeah I had my factory ones replaced twice under warranty and they still were getting moisture in them is why I tried different ones. Idk I just have no luck with these lights

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Well, after some procrastination, work trips, a vacation and waiting on the weather, today is the day. Yes, I’m still scared... lol

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great on a dark truck. Nice job. What kind of dash cam are you using?

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks! The wife got me a Vantrue N2 Pro for Christmas.

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Here are more pics. Pay no attention to the pollen.

6EC07C4C-4D5C-4AF2-AE9B-7D46C09C67A2.jpeg

29F78D87-A58A-45C7-B077-FADCC7DCEC5B.jpeg

6799DC0F-6F62-44D8-8159-133AE62511BA.jpeg