Smoked clearance lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I would think it's the same. No body style changes to the roof lines. I purchased mine on Ebay. They were sold by a dealer. I think it was about 86.00.
Awesome, thanks. Orders been placed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The foglights I found on Ebay. I just searched OEM smoked foglights for ram 2500

mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
OK found these
FL-DR09-SM

B0N3C0ll3CT0R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just installed smoked clearance lights from Recon. Very nice fitment and all plug and play, no cutting wires or drilling new holes direct replacement for clear factory ones. I did remove the rubber seat off factory lights and put on the Recon lights. Install looks factory and best part no more moisture in the lights!!!! Also the leds look much better than factory bulbs. Cost about $85.00 on sale at Recon.com. also replaced clear fog lights with smoked lenses I bought off Ebay for about $45.00 they are exactly same as factory only smoked, look really nice in black bumper instead of the clear. Will post pics this weekend.

May I ask where the bug shield is from?

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I got some OEM clearance lights for Christmas this year. I have tinted, clear coated, polished and waxed them. Now, it's time for the drilling. Needless to say, I'm scared! I have the template, new drill bits and the ability to do it, but I'm still scared. lol

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I got some OEM clearance lights for Christmas this year. I have tinted, clear coated, polished and waxed them. Now, it's time for the drilling. Needless to say, I'm scared! I have the template, new drill bits and the ability to do it, but I'm still scared. lol
Good info in this thread if you haven't seen it. Alot of us had put clearance lights in our 1500s. One tip I can give right off the bat is use a 6mm bit for the small holes where the screw inserts go. Gives it a tighter fit and keeps them from spinning when you tighten the lens down.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=107274&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Good info in this thread if you haven't seen it. Alot of us had put clearance lights in our 1500s. One tip I can give right off the bat is use a 6mm bit for the small holes where the screw inserts go. Gives it a tighter fit and keeps them from spinning when you tighten the lens down.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=107274&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

So I can’t find a 6mm bit anywhere, but I did find a 15/64 bit (5.9mm). That should be ok shouldn’t it?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Thats fine, it's only .002 difference. Im sure that is more common than finding metric drills.

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I still haven't had a chance to install them yet - just waiting on time, weather and wondering how I'm going to get to the top of my 2500 without the sunroof. I was also doing some reading and THIS is what I'm scared of!!! Look at those holes!!!

http://www.stamey.info/truck/CabLightInstallation.htm

But I did purchase this and I hope it will drill better holes (I'm NOT going to use an impact drill):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-7-8-in-SHOCKWAVE-IMPACT-DUTY-Hole-Saw-49-56-9810/204994421

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used a hole saw too and it worked great. That roof steel is very thin, make sure your not pushing down hard or you could go right thru the headliner

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
How is your reception with that antenna?

Also, can you link/part number to your covers?
Reception not too bad but it's better with factory antenna. I only listen to Sirius xm so wasn't concerned about reception. What covers are you referring too?

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just installed smoked clearance lights from Recon

How are the lights doing? I looked at them on Amazon the reviews are not the best with 26% 3 and below stars. A lot of negative about the connectors to the wire harness and light not mounting flush.

I did see your's mounts flush so that part, might be different model years

Thanks