Snow & Slop!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No. I work in northern Alberta. Live in BC on the west coast. I drive back and forth a couple times a month during the winter through the rockies so I see a lot of snow, ice and wildlife on the roads. I'm used to it now. Probably put close to half million miles on winter roads over the years.
Yikes! Stay safe! How come you don’t have your own TV show on discovery ?!? Is it the same roads you see on highway through hell???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yikes! Stay safe! How come you don’t have your own TV show on discovery ?!? Is it the same roads you see on highway through hell???

Lol. Actually Jamie Davis towing is located pretty close to where I live and the coquihalla is a highway I go back and forth across frequently, but that road is better maintained than a lot of the other highways and roads I drive on. I was stuck waiting while they were filming once and all I was thinking was F the damn interviews get the truck pulled out and out of my way!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Lol. Actually Jamie Davis towing is located pretty close to where I live and the coquihalla is a highway I go back and forth across frequently, but that road is better maintained than a lot of the other highways and roads I drive on. I was stuck waiting while they were filming once and all I was thinking was F the damn interviews get the truck pulled out and out of my way!
LOL!!!!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. That’s funny. We have 401 rescue lol. Never watched it as I hate the 401. People think traffic is bad in the states. Nope! The 50 k stretch between me and Toronto is like being in the hunger games

Fbnmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2wd General all season tires, just added weight and did fine in the snow,including busting drifts.

E7B95747-6B3A-4AC0-858C-B9F75677F213.jpeg

Rubidad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We've had quite a bit of snow and extremely cold weather here in SW NH. I quickly learned that the stock tires on my 2017 quad couldn't handle any snow and had 4 Hancook RW11 winter tires mounted and now feel quite confident. I leave the truck in 4 by 2 but switch to 4 by 4 when needed. Of course I plan to remount the stock tires come Spring....

Some other observations about the truck: it starts OK in the extreme cold, but the 8 speed transmission shifts poorly and the gas mileage drops precipitously. I'm thinking of a core heater, and have been told that all the newer Rams have it installed at the factory, but I haven't been able to locate it. Actually, the weather has been so bad recently, that I haven't crawled under for a look....

Last edited:

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Getting pounded with a ton of heavy wet snow today in southern Minnesota....went out to shovel a bit and couldn't resist taking the Rebel for a spin! What a blast! Walked through heavy deep show that the street department hasnt' gotten to yet :)

s4IvA24l.jpg

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Getting pounded with a ton of heavy wet snow today in southern Minnesota....went out to shovel a bit and couldn't resist taking the Rebel for a spin! What a blast! Walked through heavy deep show that the street department hasnt' gotten to yet :)

s4IvA24l.jpg

i was part of that also.. 16+" here

unfortunately for me i had the stock tires that were worn down and was getting stuck... one day of that was enough that i bought new tires yesterday.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I didn't think we got that much snow...but sure enough...16-18" of the white stuff. Glad to hear you got new tires baum...I'm sure it gets around much better now.

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We haven't had that much snow, but so far(including hills), my STOCK sport/w the HEMI/8spd/3.92(LSD) and 2-auto does GREAT-
SUNP0105_zpsjga54nwm.jpg

JIMBO

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in western PA, and do a lot of snow skiing. I prefer to run nitto trail grapplers year round. Great in the snow. Currently have toyo MT and they dont go as good as the trail graps, but they are OK in deep or wet snow.