So Long Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MuleDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With truck re-sale prices being sky high, I regretfully decided to sell it:

IMG_1514-X4.jpg

Over 80,000 miles and 1 set of brakes and 1 set of tires, AND THAT'S IT. This photo was taken last week with 87,500 miles on it, and it still ran and looked like a new truck (and that's in the Northeast road salt region). The new owner was as pleased as punch to get. Sold it for $5,000 less than I paid for it over 5 years ago. And people say Rams are POS, to that I say NOT!!!

brother that is a the nicest POS I have ever seen. I hope my POS looks halfway like your POS as well as some other POS on this POS thread full of folks (like myself) that drive these POS Dodge Rams... but POS is as POS does!!! Man, I hope you are able to get you one of those 2020 POS, let me tell you, if there was a bigger POS out... it would be the new model... just another level of POS. Have a good day and know that your POS is still with you, just as a POS memory!!!

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I got $6,700 off of MSRP which I don't think is bad considering the current market situation where others are apparently paying MSRP or more.

1E5XMFA37014%20Blue%205.0%20FX4%20Window%20Sticker.jpg

So far the 10 speed seems to perform OK. And I know plenty of 5.0L owners that are knocking on 200K with no issues.

I am not saying Ram is junk or that Ford is junk. And I would have bought a another Ram IF I could have found as good or better of a deal, but everyone seemed to want nearly $50,000 or more for a Ram 1500 with less equipment then on the F150 I bought.
Seems your happy and happy with your truck and your deal. That to me is a win win. I’m a Cummins fan so I’m kinda stuck with Ram but right now they have to offer the new tranny for the HD Cummins I can’t pull the trigger. So I’m gonna wait em out.
For the first time in a very long time I checked out the Fords and they sure are nice! Actually made me consider it. But I’m a Cummins driving dude.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now that is what I would call a major downgrade! :puke:
I agree, IMHO, the ram had had the most luxurious and quality interior of all the major trucks since 2013. The uconnect is by no means perfect, but my old 13 had better connectivity and functionality than modern Mercedes/ Cadillac/ etc.
Had I made up my mind one day earlier I would be driving a 2021 ram North edition for $58k. But I was indecisive and I missed the opportunity. I bought I lease return like I usually do. But looking at the Ford price and what that gets you....Ram all day long.
Hope your new rig treats you well.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Right now it seems that many dealers are having supply issues. Chips, Covid excuses the works. It’s very hard to get a deal.
I’ve heard multiple times from multiple people that dealers are calling them a month or two later and asking to buy their vehicles back for much more than they paid a month or two ago.
My 2006 Laramie 2500 4x4 with the 5.9 Cummins and long bed is actually worth 30k! And it has 135,000 miles! I know 135k is nothing for miles but the truck is 16 years old! I wouldn’t pay 30k for it, even though the truck is awesome and in phenomenal shape.
I hope Stallantis (They own Chrysler now) will put the new Allison Tranny in the Ram and I’ll go empty my wallet. Hopefully my ‘06 is still worth over 25k by then. If Stellantis is anything like FCA, well then I maybe waiting for hell to freeze over. Either that or get a ford. Can’t put a capital letter for that name but a sin is still a sin.
Nope, I lied, even though the new ford is soooo nice I’m a Cummins Driv’in Dude. I can’t go back to the dark side! Maybe?

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You paid cash? That’s friggin AWESOME!

You know how weird that makes you? Lol.

If you paid cash, you probably did get a decent deal.

The X plan is still a load of crap. You walk in with cash, and YOU determine the price.

Cash......that is so impressive.

When people talk about paying cash for a vehicle are we referring to a personal check, cashiers check or green money?I remember last year when I purchased a Mustang as a second vehicle a put $3000 in 100 $ bills as a down payment and the finance guy looked at me like I was crazy.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice truck but the first thing that caught my eye was the red and white topper on the other truck.
The little 1978 ford courier. Im having a brain fart on the brand but it was well made and insulated.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
One of my coworkers a few years ago, brought $20,000 in actual cash to buy a minivan. At the end of the day on a Saturday after the deal was sealed, he presented the dealership with a couple of ziplocked bags of cash. The dealership hated him for that. Nobody wanted to take the money home for safekeeping, nor did they have a good enough safe at work...but they wanted to sell that van.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You guys know that ANY CASH (Paper Money, Gold, Silver, Hard Currency) Transaction over $10.000 has to be reported to the IRS within 48 hours, right? My next door neighbor is a Retired Ford Employee that hates banks. Every time he buys a new car, he gets a letter in the mail....

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There's also such thing as "Civil forfeiture" when police can seize someone's property without proving the person was guilty of a crime; they just need probable cause to believe the assets are being used as part of criminal activity, typically drug trafficking. Police can then absorb the value of this property — be it cash, cars, guns, or something else — as profit.

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys know that ANY CASH (Paper Money, Gold, Silver, Hard Currency) Transaction over $10.000 has to be reported to the IRS within 48 hours, right? My next door neighbor is a Retired Ford Employee that hates banks. Every time he buys a new car, he gets a letter in the mail....

Also banks are required to file a Cash Transaction Report (CTR) with The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) for any cash/check transaction greater than $10k. This is similar to the requirement to file SARs with FinCEN for suspicious activity.

CTRs aren’t inherently bad but do create a formal record of large cash transactions which may be searched by local/state/Federal LE to connect with other potentially suspicious activity.

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas

IMG_1514-X4.jpg

Over 80,000 miles and 1 set of brakes and 1 set of tires, AND THAT'S IT. This photo was taken last week with 87,500 miles on it, and it still ran and looked like a new truck (and that's in the Northeast road salt region). The new owner was as pleased as punch to get. Sold it for $6,000 less than I paid for it over 5 years ago. And people say Rams are POS, to that I say NOT!!!
I just bought a 2021 limited night edition $72,000 msrp for $62,224 and zero % for 72months . Flew from St. Louis to Texas to pick ut up for $180 Southwest flight. Now that’s a deal if there ever was one. Couldn’t be happier.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Guys, the MSRP is a joke. The negotiated price is the only one that matters. They've raised their fake "invoice" price over the years as well when all the buying services started reporting it 20+ years ago. Nobody gets a "deal". Don't fall for their marketing hype. I worked in the biz and learned what MSRP, Distributor Net, and Distributor Net Net from the factory means. Plus incentives and hidden Dealer holdbacks for quotas.

OP
OP
T

Trail Ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blasphemy!
But seriously, how do you like it?

Well, my all black Ram 1500 was all black 2015 Outdoorsman crew cab with the following features:

- 5.7 Hemi
- 3.92 Limited Slip
- 7.2"? UI with Uconnect
- Heated Seats and Heated Steering Wheel
- Power driver's seat and center console
- Power rear slider

In all fairness, the Ford is a new 2021 and we are comparing it to the 4th generation Ram which initially came out in 2009. So far my observations are:

- The lighter truck with 5.0 V8 with a 3.73 axle ratio feels faster than my old Ram
- The Ford ride and quietness of the cabin feels more luxurious, this can be partially attributed to the tires. I will say the Ram's rear suspension is better on railroad tracks, but not much better.
- The Ford UI is HUGE and somewhat complex, UConnect seemed easier to use.
- The drive modes and rear electronic locker are awesome on the Ford
- Dual power seats are nice at this trim level and the seats seem better
- My dog and I really like the large flat floor
- I will miss the heated steering wheel in the Ram

Last edited:

slinghigh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

IMG_1514-X4.jpg

Over 80,000 miles and 1 set of brakes and 1 set of tires, AND THAT'S IT. This photo was taken last week with 87,500 miles on it, and it still ran and looked like a new truck (and that's in the Northeast road salt region). The new owner was as pleased as punch to get. Sold it for $6,000 less than I paid for it over 5 years ago. And people say Rams are POS, to that I say NOT!!!
me too.... mine was 2 1/2 yrs old and got $3,000 more than I paid and got to enjoy her for over 2 and a half yrs no charge....crazy times we live infog1.jpg

hemirunner426

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 built to serve
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh boy i love my Ram.....so much i bought a Ford..You are going to have lots of problems..Maybe you might let us know.