Soft Continuous beeping both batteries unhooked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I have a 2018 Ram 6.7. After experiencing a death wobble my truck started to softly beep inside the cabin about every second even with both batteries unhooked it continues. What could cause this beeping? It only began after experiencing the death wobble and has yet to stop. It’s so soft I’m unable to determine where the beep is coming from. I spent hours trying to locate what’s beeping in the cab. Whatever it is it has its owns power source.

Anyone able to help?

OP
OP
J

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

I have a 2018 Ram 6.7. After experiencing a death wobble my truck started to softly beep inside the cabin about every second even with both batteries unhooked it continues. What could cause this beeping? It only began after experiencing the death wobble and has yet to stop. It’s so soft I’m unable to determine where the beep is coming from. I spent hours trying to locate what’s beeping in the cab. Whatever it is it has its owns power source.

Anyone able to help?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have never heard beeping like that with mine but the only thing I can think of is some sort of aftermarket anti theft device maybe? Dealers install them all the time and most buyers don't even know they are there.

I can't imagine what death wobble with have to do with any of it though?

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is your internal pace maker that had to shock your heart during the event and its battery is low now? LOL

All kidding aside, There was a post a while back that someone had purchased his ram and was experiencing a beep. After exploring he located a box under his dash that was wired into his power, it turned out to be a tracking device that was installed without his knowledge by the dealer/creditor.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It is your internal pace maker that had to shock your heart during the event and its battery is low now? LOL

All kidding aside, There was a post a while back that someone had purchased his ram and was experiencing a beep. After exploring he located a box under his dash that was wired into his power, it turned out to be a tracking device that was installed without his knowledge by the dealer/creditor.
If you find one of these, remove it, connect a 9v battery to it ( that should be enough to power it) and mail it to south america or africa and let them track it there. :naughty:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What are you doing to fix the death wobble?

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What are you doing to fix the death wobble?
Yeah, details.
Is your truck lifted? What size tires? I've not heard of death wobble issue concerning RAM trucks. Maybe my head has been under a rock and it is more common than I've heard.
BTW for the beeping; Yeah I would look for a tracking module hidden somewhere under the dash. It isn't that uncommon to find those installed in new vehicles now a days 100% without the owners consent.
Why this is so prevalent even for new car dealerships; don't know. I can only guess since so many have adopted this "turn no customer away" idea they will finance a car to the hilt to put someone in it knowing there is no way they can pay for it. They have to hedge their bet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No tracking device. I’m a 20+ year private investigator and I sweep all our vehicles on a regular basis.

As far as the death wobble and the beeping it started immediately after death wobble. Pulled to side of road from death wobble. Beeping began.

Death wobble is common on lots of trucks including Ram. You can watch them on YouTube.

I have done nothing to fix death wobble except slow down over large bumps.

The dealership said there is some electronic unit under the center seat that has its own battery and they believe that’s where the beep came from. I can see the unit but it isn’t easy. I forgot what they called it. Why it would beep they didn’t know.

That’s the update to all your questions I believe.

OP
OP
J

JoeNobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One more thing.

On tracking devices. In my 20+ years as a professional investigator I have never seen a tracking device with a speaker in it. They are meant to be covert and will never make a sound. Trackers are simply meant to track unlike an Audio listening device which listens and sometimes records. Some trackers tell your location in real time and others must be recovered before getting the tracking data.

Some unscrupulous dealerships do install basic GPS trackers for repo men to use in case of loan default. If you are worried about this contact a local private investigator. We would locate one in under 10 minutes.

Trackers put on by law enforcement are almost all outside the interior of the car attached by a waterproof magnetic box. For easy on easy off.

In fact if law enforcement placed it and it’s found by say a Jiffy Lube when opened it will usually say property of the FBI or something along those lines with a number to call under some penalty of law warning. Of course you will want to return it since law enforcement already knows you have it.

99% of the tracking devices we find are put on or installed by a jealous ex or spouse.

If it’s put on by a professional investigator or law enforcement you will most likely never know it’s there until the information gathered is being used against you.

Check your local and state laws before using any electronic monitoring device.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Is it financed? Look under your carpet driver side near the firewall. Usually they are wired into the OBDII plug. If you find a little black box hooked up it probably is a GPS tracker. Dealers use it for inventory tracking and banks use them for repo's.
Just a guess but I found one in mine.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Is it financed? Look under your carpet driver side near the firewall. Usually they are wired into the OBDII plug. If you find a little black box hooked up it probably is a GPS tracker. Dealers use it for inventory tracking and banks use them for repo's.
Just a guess but I found one in mine.
Are you serious???????
They do this without telling us? ****** hell. Talk about Big Brother. I can understand it if you agree to have this device. I know they can track us anyway by our truck itself and phones.
So this ‘device’ if it is indeed on OP vehicle must have a separate battery back up with it as he has disconnected all power from vehicle.
That sounds like a good guess and somewhere to start tho

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Are you serious???????
They do this without telling us? ****** hell. Talk about Big Brother. I can understand it if you agree to have this device. I know they can track us anyway by our truck itself and phones.
So this ‘device’ if it is indeed on OP vehicle must have a separate battery back up with it as he has disconnected all power from vehicle.
Yes, it has a rechargeable lithium battery inside when I took it apart. There are different variations of these units so some may look different but the one I found was a faint beep after I shut the truck down. But the way I found it was I was installing the security bypass harness and saw wires going under the floor carpet up near the firewall. Imagine the shock when I pulled it out and it had a light on showing it was active.
I found the same unit on Amazon back then and that's how I found out what it was used for. I disassembled and snipped the battery out of it. But the unit was active sending info of when I started the truck, how fast I was going and last place it was parked, all visible on a map on the internet.
My truck I bought in 2019 with low miles and thought it may have been a repo. That confirmed it really.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you serious???????

When you find it just cut the red wire...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I was to find one of those devices , I would wire a battery to it if needed , then find a semi trailer to Attach it to for a long ride .
Just FYI, the above has been done for years. Especially on all those used car fly by night places, where U walk in with $99 and drive away. Nothing new, that's how REPO guys find a lot of vehicles. There is such a turn around of vehicles, and such from these lots, maybe a lil shady...:angels25:

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
Yes, it has a rechargeable lithium battery inside when I took it apart. There are different variations of these units so some may look different but the one I found was a faint beep after I shut the truck down. But the way I found it was I was installing the security bypass harness and saw wires going under the floor carpet up near the firewall. Imagine the shock when I pulled it out and it had a light on showing it was active.
I found the same unit on Amazon back then and that's how I found out what it was used for. I disassembled and snipped the battery out of it. But the unit was active sending info of when I started the truck, how fast I was going and last place it was parked, all visible on a map on the internet.
My truck I bought in 2019 with low miles and thought it may have been a repo. That confirmed it really.
Did you use it for high power target practice?

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
If I was to find one on my cars, it would be dealt with in short order.......if it’s on my car, I won it and will do what I please with it.