Soft fading brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lp2v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need help with soft fading brake pedal. Thought it was master cylinder, replaced with OEM unit. No ABS or Brake lights. Master cylinder has been bled along with all wheels bled 3 times. Still have soft fading brake pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look next? No leaks at the rotors. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Need help with soft fading brake pedal. Thought it was master cylinder, replaced with OEM unit. No ABS or Brake lights. Master cylinder has been bled along with all wheels bled 3 times. Still have soft fading brake pedal. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look next? No leaks at the rotors. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The next thing that needs to happen is the bleeding process for the ABS Pump which requires a scan tool. The ABS Pump needs to be cycled to purge any air from the solenoids and valves inside the HCU.

OP
OP
L

Lp2v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. It’s in the dealers hands now. I’ll msg what they do.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure on your issue but I had an issue with my truck. I bled the brakes and still had a weird spongy feel. Took the truck down a dirt road doing around 30mph and hard hit the brakes a few times to activate the abs and haven’t had any issues since. Also could be brake lines absorbing the pressure. Installing braided brake lines instead of rubber can reduce brake line deflection.

bobesecoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i have changed everything 5 master cylinders change them and brakes are great for 2 months then go back to just fading away, ive put new booster all calipers rubber brake lines you name it.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have changed everything 5 master cylinders change them and brakes are great for 2 months then go back to just fading away, ive put new booster all calipers rubber brake lines you name it.
Do you mean the pedal gets spongy or it sinks to the floor. Either way That’s why I mentioned stainless braided brake lines. No hose deflection. And try driving somewhere gravel, dirt, or sand and go 30-40mph then slam the brakes hard. That enables the abs.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Could also be a bad caliper, do you notice your truck pulling to one side when stopping? And lines could just be bad with debris or residue in them that flushing does not completely remove and then dislodges over time. Replacing all lines could be required.