Something a little different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that's fuggin trick! I love it!
I'm excited to see if you thing it makes a notable improvement with the HID projector headlights.

OP
OP
BMRbrnSNRbrd

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It definitely makes a huge difference. I don't have light output pics yet because I need to adjust it a bit.

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That is a great job! I like the sneaky switch spot and what you did with the screws/covering is top notch

OP
OP
BMRbrnSNRbrd

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you. I didn't want to just slap the thing in there...it wouldn't have worked for my truck's look.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta say I was a bit iffy at first, but just goes to show the difference attention to detail makes. Nice work!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
that's fuggin trick! I love it!
I'm excited to see if you thing it makes a notable improvement with the HID projector headlights.

even the little 7" bars I had........they'll flat out blow away ANY projector setup.

Looks GREAT David!

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i like it, pretty cool

TriSum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Looks good, I'll be interested to see how it looks with the cover back in place.

By the way, what tint % did you use on your lights and fogs? Did it change the light output any?

Thanks,

David

Joe's 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Looks awesome thanks for the thread, I want to do the same for mine and you just sold me on it. A question concerning the film- you worried about the film melting from the heat of the lights? Where did you get the light bar from? Great job!!:jawdrop:

chris h.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks awesome thanks for the thread, I want to do the same for mine and you just sold me on it. A question concerning the film- you worried about the film melting from the heat of the lights? Where did you get the light bar from? Great job!!:jawdrop:

I wouldn't think so, LEDs don't put out that much heat.

OP
OP
BMRbrnSNRbrd

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good, I'll be interested to see how it looks with the cover back in place.

By the way, what tint % did you use on your lights and fogs? Did it change the light output any?

Thanks,

David

I plan on cutting the cover out and replacing it this evening some time.

My fog lights have lamin-x film over them. My headlights are not tinted at all. The housings are painted mineral gray and black so the lense looks darker.

I don't think the LEDs will get hot enough for that. I got the light bar from a local guy.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
just hoping for some finished pics. Not rushing you................but we're waiting ya know. You can't just keep us all strung out like this.

OP
OP
BMRbrnSNRbrd

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully I'll have finished pics soon. I went out to start cutting the insert but I am just not completely happy with the light output after tinting with that material. I actually pulled the bar back out, made the necessary adjustments to the brackets I built, and pulled the tint off. I have not re-installed the bar yet since I am looking for other options for tinting the lexan.

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love it. Thought about doing the same exact thing, difference is you had the balls to cut up your truck.

OP
OP
BMRbrnSNRbrd

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love it. Thought about doing the same exact thing, difference is you had the balls to cut up your truck.

The only thing I had to cut were the plastic vertical support bars on the inner bumper. The only other thing that will have to be cut is the bumper insert when everything is done.

On a good note, I found a sign company locally that may sell lexan that is already smoked. Its not an overlay but something they actually do during manufacturing. I'm stopping by today after work.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
be sure to post links of all your products you bought...Love the look...I was actually think of putting a snorkle in that area but now the light..hhhmmmmm