Spacers or bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigge2511

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just got a 2019 ram1500 and wanted to do a level kit. I don’t off road so I was wondering are the spacers ok or will I have issues ?

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
100% bilsteins. Spacers affect the suspension geometry more than bilsteins affecting your ride quality in a negative way! You will not regret bilsteins!

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bilsteins will improve your handing and some believe give you a better ride (or firmer ride anyway) having mine for 2 weeks, it does feel more solid but still a good ride) spacers up front are a cheaper, but not as good or better way than Bilsteins to get the job done. no risk to other front end components if you run no more than 2.1 as I did. 2.8, you may need to change your upper control arms.

ttthiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2016
Engine
5.7, 5.7
Bilsteins will improve your handing and some believe give you a better ride (or firmer ride anyway) having mine for 2 weeks, it does feel more solid but still a good ride) spacers up front are a cheaper, but not as good or better way than Bilsteins to get the job done. no risk to other front end components if you run no more than 2.1 as I did. 2.8, you may need to change your upper control arms.

Give your billys a couple more weeks and they will soften up a bit!

Little Webb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking about leveling mine too. Are you doing it with just the bilstein shocks or small I missing something?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
just the Bilsteins for me. leveled out perfectly. if i wanted to add a rake i would have got rear spacers as well. but i like it level. i don't tow, only heavyish loads i have is going to the dump occasionally. i probably keep 50 lb of stuff in the back on an ongoing basis.

Little Webb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just the Bilsteins for me. leveled out perfectly. if i wanted to add a rake i would have got rear spacers as well. but i like it level. i don't tow, only heavyish loads i have is going to the dump occasionally. i probably keep 50 lb of stuff in the back on an ongoing basis.
5100s?

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yes. 2.1 inches on mine gave me 39.5 i think it is, front and back.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Bilsteins are not available yet for the Euro front end abominations as the towers are higher up. Running 4th Gens at 2.8 probably gets you level with *OEM height on a 5G.

J/k on the front end, there is one style combination I would actually consider.

Last edited:

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had the bils set at 2.1 and my buddy did the spacer level about the same time 2 years ago. No complaints on ride form either. I have about 10k more miles than he does. I had to replace both lower ball joints 6 months ago and right side upper ball joint and UCA a few months ago and now have a wheel bearing going on that same side. Not sure if all that is connected. He hasn't had to do anything yet.

edit: I am talking about 4th gens

Dnutt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the bils set at 2.1 and my buddy did the spacer level about the same time 2 years ago. No complaints on ride form either. I have about 10k more miles than he does. I had to replace both lower ball joints 6 months ago and right side upper ball joint and UCA a few months ago and now have a wheel bearing going on that same side. Not sure if all that is connected. He hasn't had to do anything yet.

edit: I am talking about 4th gens

What kind of spacers did your buddy use??

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it was a rough country kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A quick update though since my post on July 25. He had a wheel bearing go out. Doubtful that it has anything to do with his level though.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Most of that has to do with driving style and wheel/tire combo more than anything.