Spyder LED taillights and Diesel LED backup bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
your's are NOT compatible with LED tails.
Ah, I see your issue clearer now. Well, good luck...AlfaOBD "may" be able to correct your issues. You may need to actually remove resistors in your case.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Maybe the fiber optics are messing with the CANBUS system. I know there's halogen, LED & HID settings but fiber optics might be a different power level than those.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Maybe the fiber optics are messing with the CANBUS system. I know there's halogen, LED & HID settings but fiber optics might be a different power level than those.
They are typically just an LED shining through a medium that transmits or defuses light in a desired manner...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AE5548

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post a link of where you got those. Looking to buy some. Also, what year is your truck and how did they fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My truck is a 2018 1500 Big horn. The fit is perfect. Just like stock. This is the third Ram I had with Spyder Tail lights and the quality has always been great. Never had errors or hyper flash. Never had leaks or fading. No need to use AlfaOBD with them either. They are error free l.

The seller on eBay is Vipmotoz. I sent a screenshot of them. Nowhere in the description does it say they are Spyder but as you can see from the box they are. They don’t mention the brand in the ad on purpose so nobody can try and use their add to get a price match.

As for the back up lights. They are from Diesel LED’s. And I highly recommend you get their license plate bulbs $13.00 (CHEAP!!) and cargo bulb set $30. VERY impressed with their fast shipping, quality and pricing. The backup bulbs especially are RIDICULOUS. They are so bright it’s crazy. Did not make any changes in AlfaOBD for any of their bulbs. No faults

https://dieselleds.com/

1F3217CF-D821-40AE-9733-479550779870.jpeg

DETF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nope. They come with built in resistors. Function just like stock. Didn't even have to change the settings in AlfaOBD.
Would this work on a 2012 (no factory LED at all) without adding load resistors ? I tried the auto parts LED bulb replacement because I got tired of replacing the bulbs so often - but since I used an LED bulb, the truck thinks the bulbs are out, and the turn signal hyperflashes. If these have bulit in load resistors, figuring that may do the trick, but looks like your trucks are 2013 or newer which is when the LEDs came into the scene (I think). Thanks in advance.

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same lights for about a year and a half. They are holding up very good so far. Never one error message.

Niteboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is a 2018 1500 Big horn. The fit is perfect. Just like stock. This is the third Ram I had with Spyder Tail lights and the quality has always been great. Never had errors or hyper flash. Never had leaks or fading. No need to use AlfaOBD with them either. They are error free l.

The seller on eBay is Vipmotoz. I sent a screenshot of them. Nowhere in the description does it say they are Spyder but as you can see from the box they are. They don’t mention the brand in the ad on purpose so nobody can try and use their add to get a price match.

As for the back up lights. They are from Diesel LED’s. And I highly recommend you get their license plate bulbs $13.00 (CHEAP!!) and cargo bulb set $30. VERY impressed with their fast shipping, quality and pricing. The backup bulbs especially are RIDICULOUS. They are so bright it’s crazy. Did not make any changes in AlfaOBD for any of their bulbs. No faults

View attachment 214560
This is good news to me. J just purchased a these tail lights off Ebay. Hopefully they are a qual part

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the same ones. Black with clear lenses. No codes, no hyper flashing but three individual LEDs on the passenger side burned out within 60 days of installing them. Very disappointed. Heading to Carlisle All Truck Nationals this weekend and looking for a new set of tails. Either that or I might put my stock lights back in.

20201224_122345_HDR_1.jpg

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 214560
Hmm, I can't seem to find these on ebay under that seller, only very similar looking ones in black rather than red. Has anyone had recent luck?

I've found other listings, but at $300+ instead of $186. https://www.ebay.com/p/2181765331

Going on a 2009 with incandescents.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hmm, I can't seem to find these on ebay under that seller, only very similar looking ones in black rather than red. Has anyone had recent luck?

I've found other listings, but at $300+ instead of $186. https://www.ebay.com/p/2181765331

Going on a 2009 with incandescents.
I bought these which I believe is what you are looking for. The listing says the brand is Akkon but the lights I received came in Spyder branded boxes.

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought these which I believe is what you are looking for. The listing says the brand is Akkon but the lights I received came in Spyder branded boxes.

Thanks, but I found those unfortunately. Those are the black ones, they make a red version too, but for some reason they are all very expensive. The red works better with my red truck. Oh well, no worries, will just wait.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, but I found those unfortunately. Those are the black ones, they make a red version too, but for some reason they are all very expensive. The red works better with my red truck. Oh well, no worries, will just wait.
I ended up getting the Alpharex tails in smoked red and I love them. They are DOT rated even though they are smoked. They're different from the Spyder style lights I had. My biggest worry was that the brake lights weren't going to be bright enough but they are. You can't really tell by the pics though.

20211107_074248.jpg
20211107_074146.jpg
20211020_181901.jpg

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My bad, I pulled that from my orders. That listing used to give you three different color options. I ordered red too and they are the best factory looking tails for the 4th gens IMO. If I come across a listing for red, I'll try to remember to post it here...

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 6

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My bad, I pulled that from my orders. That listing used to give you three different color options. I ordered red too and they are the best factory looking tails for the 4th gens IMO. If I come across a listing for red, I'll try to remember to post it here...
Thanks, no worries, and I'm also watching deals on an alternative of just going with a LED brake light strip. I'm not fond of the amber ones, but they have a red sequential 60" from Opt7 that I'm hoping will have a black friday sale soon: https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Redline-Triple-Tailgate-Sequential/dp/B0771WDRHH

Probably the cheapest decent option, and I think that would also enhance safety and dress up the rear end, and its nice it also adds a bit extra reverse light output.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks, no worries, and I'm also watching deals on an alternative of just going with a LED brake light strip. I'm not fond of the amber ones, but they have a red sequential 60" from Opt7 that I'm hoping will have a black friday sale soon: https://www.amazon.com/OPT7-Redline-Triple-Tailgate-Sequential/dp/B0771WDRHH

Probably the cheapest decent option, and I think that would also enhance safety and dress up the rear end, and its nice it also adds a bit extra reverse light output.
Don't know if you are still looking but I found them again in Red at Home Depot of all places...