srt10 Pushbutton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
does anyone have a write up on how to install an srt10 pushbutton?

and also where to purchase and everything ill need to instal?
been wanting to do this for a while and im gonna keep the hemi around for the winter so i figured id do it.

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think Weedahoe did this, but I'm not sure if there was a write up. From what I understand though its pretty straight forward, just finding the right wires and wiring it up.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think Weedahoe did this, but I'm not sure if there was a write up. From what I understand though its pretty straight forward, just finding the right wires and wiring it up.

yeah i remember seeing it somewhere just cant find it.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
it's way easy....didn't come with instructions since the button came from a SRT-10 that was gonna get crushed lol....the way i did it is i got power from the Cig liter and then ran another wire to the Yellow Ign wire coming from the Stg Column. The Ign wire goes to pin 1 and the power goes to pin 5 and thats it...turn the key to run, push and hold the button for just a real quick sec and it fires right up...you can still use the key to start it as well

Found this.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanks guys! anyone know where i can find a reliable source to buy the button? i found a site but it looked sketchy

theres also one on ebay but they want almost $18 to ship it. so tryin to find one that will be a little cheaper first

Last edited:

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you wanting the actual SRT button?

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go Eddie go! Damn man! Youre on fire.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Lol. I remembered seeing it when looking for switches.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
now.. i dont wanna **** anything up so if someones got a picture or write up or whatever on how to wire that would be fantastic.. come on eddie pull through one more time! haha

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanks guys! anyone know where i can find a reliable source to buy the button? i found a site but it looked sketchy

theres also one on ebay but they want almost $18 to ship it. so tryin to find one that will be a little cheaper first

did you check 3rd strike?

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Keep getting the same thing. Apparently it's so simple no one takes pictures.

Ok, here we go, it is very simple and you will not have to do the troubleshooting I did to find out which pins on the button to use. Ok, first run a wire from the redish pink wire on the cigarette lighter to the number 5 pin on the button. Then run a wire from the solid yellow wire under the steering wheel behind the dash panel to the number 1 pin on the button. Secure everythng, and that is it. So when the key is in the on position, you can hit the button and the truck will start.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Keep getting the same thing. Apparently it's so simple no one takes pictures.

Ok, here we go, it is very simple and you will not have to do the troubleshooting I did to find out which pins on the button to use. Ok, first run a wire from the redish pink wire on the cigarette lighter to the number 5 pin on the button. Then run a wire from the solid yellow wire under the steering wheel behind the dash panel to the number 1 pin on the button. Secure everythng, and that is it. So when the key is in the on position, you can hit the button and the truck will start.

gotcha thanks boss!

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
If my computer ever decided to not act up I'll get an wiring diagram to make sure that's the right wire.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
got it all ordered! im way to excited about this lol. i just need to come up with a way to mount it. id love to find a cheap srt10 bezel but the cheapest i found was $200.