srt10 Pushbutton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Post pics when ur done and then u can make the write up :D

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I plan to install a push button on mine too

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i beleive its coming today, ill post pics and everything

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
wooo. once i get my truck back from the shop this will be installed
this mod doesnt work for the CTD correct?
securedownload-2-14.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
lol i will i should have my truck monday with a whole new rear (done for free since they fukked up the first one :) )

Got_Hemi44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've attempted to wire mine up at least 5 times now with little success. The 02-05 are very easy to wire but the 06+ are different. My 06 had a combination of 02-05 as well as 07-08 wiring. I've had fellow engineers help me and we still could not get it to work properly. I got it to the point where the truck would start when the button was pushed, but it would continue to run when the keys were removed. I essentially hot wired my truck. Only way to turn off the engine was to ground out the sensing wire. It's to the point where I think i'll just wire it as a garage door opener.

shikityshack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
internal combustion
I've attempted to wire mine up at least 5 times now with little success. The 02-05 are very easy to wire but the 06+ are different. My 06 had a combination of 02-05 as well as 07-08 wiring. I've had fellow engineers help me and we still could not get it to work properly. I got it to the point where the truck would start when the button was pushed, but it would continue to run when the keys were removed. I essentially hot wired my truck. Only way to turn off the engine was to ground out the sensing wire. It's to the point where I think i'll just wire it as a garage door opener.

the 06-08s are way different than the 02-05s.. DO NOT PUT POWER TO IT. only ground it.
When I was installing mine I tried feeding it with a 12v source. All it would do is keep trying to turn over, like you said "hot wiring" it.
After I messed with it for awhile I realized it didn't need a power source. Splice it in to your ignition wire like normal, (In the column, mine is purple, yours might be different) then instead of a power source and ground, just ground it.. NO added power source.. Turn the key to on and push the button... I bet it starts.

Splice and ground, thats it.... Report back!!

Good luck to ajmag, its a fun and cool mod!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
trucks still in the shop they had to warrenty my rear so iv been waitin on that. ill post up how it went as soon as the truck is back :waytogo:

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
oh by the way it works lol i had to break off pin #2 becuse if it touched that it would start it just on accessory. but worked just as eddie told me. ran a wire from yellow to pin 5 and cig lighter to pin 1 turn on accessory hit the button and she rumbles. thanks for the help guys! as far as mounting it, i pulled two inserts from a gas tank on a dirtbike i had laying around and used some strong adhesive to mount them and then just put a bolt through and tightened it down