Stacking MP8 on H&S mm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
anyone know the benefits to this. Might be able to get one for a good price. So im just starting to look into it. Wanted to know what people know about them. Thanks.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Not sure, what does the MP8 do? Just a guage display, or is it a tuner itself?

I wanted to try and use my MM for a tuner/guages, and use the edge display for added guages. Unfortunately, you can't use both units as they both run off information from the OBDII port. You can get a Y splitter for the port, but I guess alot have tried it, and the guages will freeze as the signal doesn't work well when split.
:(

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
its a tuner. It seems people stack them with the smarty a lot. From what I read the mpgs are suppose to increase but I guess rail pressure and cylinder pressure can get really high. studs(which I hope to have soon) and a waste gated turbo are suggested.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The MP8 is a pressure box, so it makes more power by increasing fuel pressure. I stacked one with my BD tuner on my 07 with great results. With you already having a nice lift pump and cp3 setup, you should be fine with the MP8. I would start looking into studs though as you are already pushing your luck with your current mods and stock studs.

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
should have studs coming in a week or two. just need to get the sellers paypal to transfer the money. At what point do I need to upgrade the fuel rail itself and what kinda pressure is too high?

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I run a MP-8 with my MM.
I have found that it helps on the low end power esp with the latest tuning. Others have noticed that the rail pressure stays up in the higher RPM range instead of dropping off.
As far as fuel economy goes I noticed very little change, seems like 14.5-14.7 Average hand calculated) is my sweet spot no matter what.
I have no plan to sell mine, the benefit to me is worth what I paid. I run on "performance" tune and the MP-8 at about 75%. I'd get one it's if a decent deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
150/190 seems great price considering they go for over 400 new.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'd grab one for that price. You won't see the 100hp they advertise, closer to 30HP or so. But like I mentioned, you'll notice it down low where higher RP will help most. Once above about 2Krpm I have felt no difference between having it turned up to 100% or at 0%.
Worst case scenario you don't like it and sell it for what you paid for it. I see them listed for $200 ish all the time....$175 and it would be probably be sold quick.
Are you running the latest tuning update?

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
no im not. havent read if it takes out the dpf delete abilities. Dont want to loose that since I might get a 6.7 some day or maybe just sell it for some good coin. But I am a couple updates behind.

I saw somewhere that in a totally stock truck you can see 100hp with it. But either way I never expect to get what they say in advertisements or claims. That might have been from some youtube install video on a 6.7.

Last edited:

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update to the latest tuning. I posted about it a while back when I was running the Pre-release tunes from Ryan..
With the old tuning you will be blacking out an intersection with the MP-8 turned up. I run the highest tune (performance now) and I have a little haze when I get on it even with the MP-8. With the new tuning its a lot cleaner, power is more linear and once the turbo lights it takes off.
If you decide to keep the old tuning, it's been shown that the "wild" tune will make about 50hp over the "hot" tune with the MP-8.
H&S has made it very clear that they will post and make it clear before they can no longer offer DPF delete tunes...as it stands their tuning still supports DPF delete and I don't expect that to change anytime soon, if at all. You know they do also offer custom tuning;)