Stock 2016 Bighorn 4x4 Crew / Reciever drop ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
If I buy a little 6-1/2 X 12 trailer to haul a lawnmower, what would I need for the drop on a 2016 Bighorn 4x4 ?

Thanks.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I buy a little 6-1/2 X 12 trailer to haul a lawnmower, what would I need for the drop on a 2016 Bighorn 4x4 ?

Thanks.

I'm thinking about 5 1/2 -6" drop. I put 6" drop for my boat trailer and it sit nice and level. This was on my 2017

IMG_0779.jpg

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an adjustable drop hitch. It uses 2 hitch pins to hold the height part.

I suggest buying one of these, then dial it in. Once you find the right height, you can buy the exact drop (if you want to, but you don't need to).

I did this because I tow different things, uhaul car hauler, my 6x12 heavy duty utility trailer and I can adjust as needed.

Also, remember based on your load (weight and placement before or after the axle), you may want to adjust the drop, you want 10% weight on the tongue. So a fully loaded trailer may need a different drop than an empty trailer. But, to be honest, I rarely have to adjust by load, more by trailer.

This is what I have, it can be rotated to point up, or down. I added one locking pin to the two that hold the height, to prevent theft. I also have an anti rattle locking pin that holds this to the hitch:

https://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mount...erpAmIbm2T2rH0iHMOxQGPjmr2RK-4xxoC0cIQAvD_BwE