Strange electrical issue again yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Had something strange happen again yesterday to my 2019 Ram Big Horn Classic. Was getting into the truck and put the key fob into the ignition and no lights nothing on the dash when I went and turned the key to start the truck. I cycled the key a couple of times and nothing, just like it was a dead battery. I then remembered this happening before and removed the key fob and hit the unlock and lock buttons a couple of times. I then reinserted the key fob and it started as normal.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Is this normal of am I looking at possibly a weak battery?

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
these new key systems does all kinds of weird **** mine sometimes when I get out of truck it say my key is still in ignition and will not let me lock my doors I have to reinsert key turn to on run position back off to get it to reset and recognize my key has been removed

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I agree on the weird ****. I have the volume increase also when listening to the radio on accessories (motor not running) every 5 minutes. It is accompanied by 3 dashes on the dash screen and to stop it one must turn off the AVC automatic volume control.
They want to keep my truck for a few days without a loner so I don't plan on moving forward with the UConnect stars service.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You wouldn't think it would be a battery or charging system issue on a 2019. Are there any aftermarket electronics on the truck? Has anything been touched in terms of battery or ground connections?

OP
OP
No Tyme

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
You wouldn't think it would be a battery or charging system issue on a 2019. Are there any aftermarket electronics on the truck? Has anything been touched in terms of battery or ground connections?
I did install a couple dash cams but they are tied directly to the fuse box under the hood. They only come on with the ignition.

68Malibu383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This happened on my 2015 one time when it was fairly new and it never happened again after 5 1/2 years and 125,000 miles.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
What you are seeing is the truck failing to recognise the Fob. Try putting a new battery in the Fob. I have one car that I park over the winter, even with a new battery in the Fob I ahve to do the manual start routine, hold logo on fob near the start button, first time in the spring. After that it works fine, but if the FOB battery gets even a little low I see it not recognise the Fob.