Strictly the 4x4 lowering thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thats cool. I take you went to a machine shop and had them milled down? So I can actually just buy the 2wd kit then.

Yup. I actually used the spindles off my 2 wheel drive 2013 and put them on this 2014 4X4.So my spindles have been around the block a couple times now,lol.Any decent machine shop should be able to machine the spindles and the caliper bracket if you're so inclined to bring the wheels back in.

Dobaramguy84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup. I actually used the spindles off my 2 wheel drive 2013 and put them on this 2014 4X4.So my spindles have been around the block a couple times now,lol.Any decent machine shop should be able to machine the spindles and the caliper bracket if you're so inclined to bring the wheels back in.
And I take it the other option would just be to add a small spacer in the back to bring the wheels out even with the fronts?

Dobaramguy84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you noticed and driving issues with the 4wd?

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I too have installed a set of OEM 2wd spindles on my 4x4.
No issues with driving at all. Bolted in perfectly and have had them on about a year now.

*didn't see a 1" lower measurement on my ride height after install and am now seriously looking into going with a 2wd 2" drop spindle.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

As long as you don't get to carried away with lowering the front of a 4X4,(up to a 2" drop), things are usually good with the stock CV's.With the 2" dropped spindles it rides and steers just like a stock truck,and should wheel align to factory specs.I ran a 3" spring drop on my old 13,and never again will I do a spring drop,we had to cut tie rods to get it to come close on alignment specs,and the truck had a fair bit of bump steer and wasn't real nice to drive at freeway speeds of 75+mph. I ran 6mm spacers on my rear tires when the spindles were stock width.

RAMSTIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New here and could use some advice on lowering the truck 2-4. Also sorry if this has already been covered in some old, dusty post.
This is my 4x2 with a 5.7 that I want to lower.
Bell Tech has a nice looking package (964HKP) but it is $1,676 and the Michigan and Ohio shops I have spoke with say $1,200-$1,400 to install. I know I am getting a performance handlng kit not just lowering it but north of $3k is a lot of money. One shop I talked to said they had contacted Bell Tech and they said they have not sold any of these kits yet. So any advice on the best way to do a 2-4 drop without any loss in ride or handling? Also any suggestions for a install shop would be great, I will not be doing this myself.
Thanks!
RAMSTIN1.JPG BELL TECH 964 HKP.png

RAMSTIN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A few more notes. I am leaving the stock 20 wheels, I do not pull anything and below is about the hardest it has every worked...
RAMBEER.JPG

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Mcgauphies dropped spindles are going to give you the best ride and handling for the front,as they retain the stock springs and alignment specs.Then just pick whoever's springs you like for the rear.Start searching on here,you'll find pretty well all the info you need to make an informed purchase.What somebody else considers good ride and handling might be more like a D8 Cat ride and handling to you.But the shops that are charging you 12 to 1400 to install a lowering kit,are definitely taking advantage of you. You could buy all the tools to do the job and still have a 1,000 left over to spend somewhere else,lol.

Dobaramguy84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's all im really looking for, I have no intentions on do spring in the front on top of the spindles. Are the drop spindles the same with as the stock where youll have to kill them down or does it tuck the wheels in?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That's all im really looking for, I have no intentions on do spring in the front on top of the spindles. Are the drop spindles the same with as the stock where youll have to kill them down or does it tuck the wheels in?
The spindles move the wheels out 3/8" on either side.

mbaier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok after reading 80 pages of this thread I think I know what I'm going to do to drop my 17' 4x4 1500. I've been driving dropped pick ups since 1989 and the ride quality has always sucked. Although this will be the only one with rear coil springs. I'm looking to do 2/4, I've had a 2" drop rear spring with airbags for the last year and have been waiting for a drop strut to come out but that hasn't seemed to materialize. So going forward I'm looking at the 2wd 2" drop spindle and adjust (trim) the 2" rear spring to get rear down to about 3"or so. I need to tow a 16' box trailer so I really can't slam it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. BTW great thread.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
After running around with the 4.5/6.5 for the past few years and having a lot of angle on the front upper control arms I decided to do something about it. As I had the engine out for the swap, I decided to raise the upper control arm mounts.

IMG_5013_zpssfe4agai.jpg

IMG_5144_zpspwzqvbvd.jpg

IMG_5145_zpsspteawte.jpg

I did have to notch the passenger-side mount to allow for clearance for the long tube headers. There's not much room between the primary tube and the upper mount but the header is wrapped so the heat shouldn't be an issue.

IMG_6144_zpsbo5ofswu.jpg

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
After running around with the 4.5/6.5 for the past few years and having a lot of angle on the front upper control arms I decided to do something about it. As I had the engine out for the swap, I decided to raise the upper control arm mounts.

IMG_5013_zpssfe4agai.jpg

IMG_5144_zpspwzqvbvd.jpg

IMG_5145_zpsspteawte.jpg

I did have to notch the passenger-side mount to allow for clearance for the long tube headers. There's not much room between the primary tube and the upper mount but the header is wrapped so the heat shouldn't be an issue.

IMG_6144_zpsbo5ofswu.jpg

They turned out nice Kurtis.You are an artist with a grinder and flap wheel,the finish polish on them is outstanding,lol.

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you get a 4x4 2/4 kit without shocks? or are you just looking into other options than the belltech street performance shocks?
yes sir didnt get shocks.heard guys running factory stuff

Tyx7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got the Belltech 965sp for my 16 4x4. Anyone used and installed this kit? I have some questions on the front strut setup.

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just got the Belltech 965sp for my 16 4x4. Anyone used and installed this kit? I have some questions on the front strut setup.
still waiting to do mine.what ya have prob with