Suggestions on easy to apply wax or polish...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When choosing your product remember that generally speaking, most waxes only last and protect for about 3-4 weeks, most sealants last and protect about 6 months and lastly and the most expensive, ceramic coating will last a few years. The are some variations but this is a good rule of thumb. There are a couple of "new" spray sealants that have been recently released that are spray on wash off that have gotten a lot of hype but their longevity is still a question. Everyone has their own favorite and what might work well for me , won't necessarily work well for you. Do your research and chose wisely and don't be afraid to try something new if it looks like it will fit you needs better.
Jay

Puffin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Diesel
I use a product called LIQUID GLASS, ON 3 NEW VEHICLES. It is amazing stuff....read up on it on internet. Can order on line or find in some auto parts stores....

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think spraying and wiping would be tougher on your shoulder than using a DA polisher. I just used HD Speed with a DA polisher on my '18. Excellent results and not too much work. My paint is in good shape so I didn't have to apply much pressure. Before the winter, I'll do the same thing but also add a sealant, like Jetseal.

slickracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a product called LIQUID GLASS, ON 3 NEW VEHICLES. It is amazing stuff....read up on it on internet. Can order on line or find in some auto parts stores....

Liquid Glass is great stuff but the owner/inventor went bonkers and it's no longer made.

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hi folks,
I need some advice on which is the easiest to apply, (wipe on and wipe off would be the best lol) looks good and doesn't require a lot of buffing.

I know this generally requires effort but I had a Right Total Shoulder Replacement, 6 months ago and Repair to my left Rotator Cuff and a tendon or 2 reattached last month. I don't have any strength in either shoulder and if I over do it I'll be in a lot of pain for days after it.

Does anyone have any suggestions... it's a 2017 Ram 1500 crew cab with Red Pearl paint, I'd like to try and keep it looking good for as long as possible as I don't think I'll be able to afford another new truck as I was forced into taking early retirement because of medical reasons. [emoji57]

Thank you...

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Try F11 you can order it online. costs around $50.00 bucks but goes a long way

ibourque154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I go the lazy route and just wax the hood and front fenders. Makes it look nice coming down the road and doesn't take me all day to wax [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
So I go the lazy route and just wax the hood and front fenders. Makes it look nice coming down the road and doesn't take me all day to wax [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For shame lol

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's the great thing about having your own truck--you can take care of it any way you want to--:D
Jay

AMG16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I love Griots best of show wax. I get the paint nice and clean with a light polish and use the best of show wax. Then I maintain it with the spray version when I wash.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I plan on getting best of show wax. Right now I’ve got the favorites pack today I used my boss cannon for the first time and dried with a large microfiber Towel and then used speed shine after. I also love the wheel cleaner and window cleaner :)

sstumpf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been using meguires nxt tech wax for 2-3 years. Easy to apply and last quite a while. Then I use turtle wax ice spray wax for in between waxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dennydodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Mothers California Gold liquid. Go.es on and off nice. I put 2 coats on about 2 months apart and the truck never see.s soap again. Just water and a soft bristle brush then chamie her down.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019?
Engine
5.7?
I love Griots best of show wax. I get the paint nice and clean with a light polish and use the best of show wax. Then I maintain it with the spray version when I wash.

I plan on getting best of show wax. Right now I’ve got the favorites pack today I used my boss cannon for the first time and dried with a large microfiber Towel and then used speed shine after. I also love the wheel cleaner and window cleaner :)

You guys want a long-lasting, deep shine, and you like GG products? Try a layer of Meguiar's ULW, followed by GG BOS wax. Good times. For maintenance waxing, dry with a water blade and then a microfiber cloth and GG SOW. Saves time, adds shine.

The ULW will last 6+ months (depending on conditions, but I get 6 months out of it, and my truck is daily driven and sits outside all the time - no garage), and the SOW will last between washes.

-John

Snooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Collonite 845 if applied THIN is easy to remove and last for months under right conditions (Collinite double coat beats it on longevity but you wanted easiest way out). I also use Superior Products Slick Finish (easy and really good product for price point) on our fleet vehicles. Colonite is king but the later will hold for a month. Keep in mind our fleet sees every weather condition God throws at us. Time and cost are major factors to consider with any fleet use vehicle. If vehicle is needed it leaves with suds still on the hood or half-waxed. Then i get to start over when it returns - yah for me.

Duragloss 601/105 I also use extensivly. It is time consuming though but protects like no other. Lately I have been topping (any) wax with Track Claw. Track Claw is reported to be able to be applied over carnuba (I have some misgivings on that claim). I will throw it over just about anything though and it seems to hold protection for an additional period of time (again 24/7 fleet vehicles). I also use Duragloss 951 as it is easy and it seems to seal in the wax - looks great on prior waxed vehicle as well - more it cures the nicer it shows.

Prep is key to any wax (reason for detailing cost). I do avoid all cleaner types waxes as none of them seem to hold long. I avoid boutique type waxes as well. I see no results better than any Collinite or Duragloss product. A $200 boutique wax on a fleet vehicle would be a nice test to see if it can live up to the price, yet I have never come across such a review. Fleet vehicles will show the shortcomings of any wax/polish product within a few weeks time.

Automated car washes are death to your vehicles paint. The car wash washing brush wand is just as bad. Dawn strips a vehicle clean - do not use Dawn to wash your vehicle (unless you want to reapply wax). You can get fantastic results in your driveway and save hundreds doing it with product as good or better than any detailing shop.

Porter Cable dual action orbital buffer saves time. Benefit is its safe to use and it would be really difficult for you to screw up your paint. Its not a Rupes though and neither is the price. There is so much out there and everybody has his/her favorite. For ease of use I will still say thin coat of Collinite 845 is the best choice you can make (follow directions on the bottle). Superior Products is just not as durable but I can finish a vehicle quickly and it has a terrific price point for the fleet (plus it is a good product).

craiggemt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 & 2020
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.4 Hemi
I've also used Hydrosilex. It's as simple as mist on and wipe off but you need to have a good clean surface to work with from the start. Lasts a few weeks between coats.

https://www.hydrosilex.com/

I bit on their sales pitch when it first came out. It's ok for a quick protection. I get a little over a month of protection on the DD.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Check out the new Mothers CMX or Meguiars ceramics. I put some CMX ceramic on my work truck, ( which I use at my car washes and it gets washed many time a week) and have really liked the results. Very easy to put on and take off with no hard buffing required. It beads like crazy and has great shine. It lasted almost 6 months of very heavy wash cycles before I needed to reapply. $25 a bottle retail and you could do your vehicle about 6 times. It is ceramic light compared to some of the expensive ceramics but still a great value for the money.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^Turtle Wax now has something similar.
Jay