swapped 5.9 problem, no bus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rammythe2ndgen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have really had a headache when i got the new 5.9 in and but everything back. so if i go to crank the truck the odometer says no bus, but what is weird is the fuel pump is constantly running as soon as i hooked the battery up it stays on and wont turn off until i take the terminals off. any info is good info thanks for reading.

OP
OP
Rammythe2ndgen

Rammythe2ndgen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have all the grounds bolted back down? Passenger cylinder head? Pcm to firewall?

So I have a ground that runs to the frame under the battery box one on the driver side head to firewall and the other two grounds I have been unfamiliar with and forgot where I took them off but I have on connected to firewall to a header bolt and another to the compressor mounting bracket on the engine

OP
OP
Rammythe2ndgen

Rammythe2ndgen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So update I got a 5.9 pcm and the truck fires up perfectly. But there is no communication to the interior gauges as well as the fuel pump constantly running if I hook up the battery cables

Fistymopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
98, 98, 99 98, 00,96,99, yes I have several
Engine
5.2- cummins
Good rule of thumb is to get a used 5.9 PCM of about the same year. if you get a flash from the dealer they put the death tune on them, as the "FIX" by pulling timing out. Killed my buddies truck that way, had to source another PCM

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rammythe2ndgen

Rammythe2ndgen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the truck runs fine with the computer in it the problem im having is there is no communication to the gauges. it fires up really quick and has a healthy idle but i have no tach, no oil press, etc... and the fuel pump is still constantly running

OP
OP
Rammythe2ndgen

Rammythe2ndgen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so now that the swap if i still havent been able to trouble shoot the no gauges or the fuel pump constantly running. but one concern i do i have is the three ground cables on the pass side ik one goes to the back of the head and the other on the valve cover but idk where the last one goes to. any help would be appreciated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio