Swapping U Connect from a JL Jeep to 4th Gen 1500 Ram 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Izzo1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So numerous times I have swapped U Connect stereos, from Jeep to Jeep, or Ram to Ram.

I have called 4 dealers, including U Connect and NOBODY can give me a clear answer, as to if I can swap a UConnect from Jeep to Ram. (Both being Mopar)

I found someone selling their 2019 JL Sahara’s 8.4 UConnect, that has the reactivation pin / code to unmarry it and link it to a different vehicle. So, it is a great price, and my wife’s 4th gen is just a base 5.7 express, and I would like to update it to the UConnect system. (Yes I know I need the 8.4 dash bezel.) my question is, as far as compatibility, can I simply pop in the unit, and marry it to the Ram?

I cannot find a freaking answer from ANYWHERE.

OP
OP
Izzo1993

Izzo1993

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the unit i want to swap out of a 2019 JL Sahara and install in my 4th gen (2018 Ram 1500 Express 5.7)

2A8FF011-D84C-4B8E-B9D8-C8BED96DCECA.jpeg

Mohican69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
So numerous times I have swapped U Connect stereos, from Jeep to Jeep, or Ram to Ram.

I have called 4 dealers, including U Connect and NOBODY can give me a clear answer, as to if I can swap a UConnect from Jeep to Ram. (Both being Mopar)

I found someone selling their 2019 JL Sahara’s 8.4 UConnect, that has the reactivation pin / code to unmarry it and link it to a different vehicle. So, it is a great price, and my wife’s 4th gen is just a base 5.7 express, and I would like to update it to the UConnect system. (Yes I know I need the 8.4 dash bezel.) my question is, as far as compatibility, can I simply pop in the unit, and marry it to the Ram?

I cannot find a freaking answer from ANYWHERE.
The dealers are probably amazed at why you would want to. Sorry, I wouldn't do that to my wife... or another truck!

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The mounts are different and would have to be changed.also it's iffy if the firmware application version will work like it should. The Panasonic radios aren't as forgiving as the almost universal ra4/ra3 harmon radios are going from vehicle to vehicle.