Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, no more cases out there, and they took fitament guide down from website a month ago and hasn't came back. Best filter for us IMO. I have 18 in my house, lol.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Probably better to pickup at O'reillys & Pep Boys while they still have at $15.99

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Royal purple is supposed to call me back on Monday with some more answers.

We’ll see what they say this time.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Lol how did you ask them?

"Hi I was wondering why your only good product has been hard to find lately. Have they been discontinued?

Thanks

Kyle"

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Lol how did you ask them?

"Hi I was wondering why your only good product has been hard to find lately. Have they been discontinued?

Thanks

Kyle"

I called them and I was straightforward. I said “ i want to know were all your oil filters are at? They are getting very expensive and hard to find”

She said “ ill have to have somebody get back to you on that”.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well if RP has chosen to leave the game - I will just continue with the Ultra until it does the same then the Wix XP / Napa Platinum.
Only have 2 other family autos left that takes spin-on filters.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I called them and I was straightforward. I said “ i want to know were all your oil filters are at? They are getting very expensive and hard to find”

She said “ ill have to have somebody get back to you on that”.

I need to talk to my old man about that this weekend I suppose since hes my distributor. If they really are going away I need to buy a few more cheap cases before I have to resort to paying for amsoil filters. Last I head they were still getting purple filters just directly from champ labs rather than via purple themselves.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Been following the wisdom/intellect thinking about a quality and proper viscosity diff oil. A little unclear about 75/140 in new differentials for us who tow in the South West. Thinking heavy viscosity and heat could/may be an issue in our limited slip diff. Don't know that, but like some of you I will over think this one until I find the middle. RL 75/110 seems logical. Just need to follow this thread. BTW our truck group cut open a NAPA "Premium" a couple weeks ago. Wish they would have taken some pics. They claim the quality of internal parts was as good as our RP filters which is what most of us use. We are also hearing that changes are coming with RP.
Temp gauge on diff?? That would not only make good sense, but would be easy to install. Thinking a pillar gauge.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
We need to cut open a new Amsoil oil filter for our Hemi. Understand that Champion Labs makes both theirs and RP. Claim to be exactly the same other than paint.

Last edited:

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is my go too video!
Yes a bit old - but the RP & Amsoil filters in the previous past ARE pretty much Identical!

I never have got to hung up on the efficiency #'s: They can be highly exaggerated & never actually proven.

I myself could get RP filters cheaper via Amazon!

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
We need to cut open a new Amsoil oil filter for our Hemi. Understand that Champion Labs makes both theirs and RP. Claim to be exactly the same other than paint.

the issue with the amsoil are real bad small holes, other wize likely a RP clone. I might opt for that if no RP, but I worry the flow wouldn't be the same. Corey posted pics.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I need to talk to my old man about that this weekend I suppose since hes my distributor. If they really are going away I need to buy a few more cheap cases before I have to resort to paying for amsoil filters. Last I head they were still getting purple filters just directly from champ labs rather than via purple themselves.

Royal purple told me exactly what you said. Champ labs will be distributing the filters from now on.

But i don’t believe it until i see it.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Been following the wisdom/intellect thinking about a quality and proper viscosity diff oil. A little unclear about 75/140 in new differentials for us who tow in the South West. Thinking heavy viscosity and heat could/may be an issue in our limited slip diff. Don't know that, but like some of you I will over think this one until I find the middle. RL 75/110 seems logical. Just need to follow this thread. BTW our truck group cut open a NAPA "Premium" a couple weeks ago. Wish they would have taken some pics. They claim the quality of internal parts was as good as our RP filters which is what most of us use. We are also hearing that changes are coming with RP.
Temp gauge on diff?? That would not only make good sense, but would be easy to install. Thinking a pillar gauge.

I quite like the RL75W110. My Challenger spec'd the stupid CAFE 75W85 in its diff which whined like crazy after going to a solid cradle mount even with RL75W85 and 75W90. Moved over to RL75W110 and its way quieter plus LSD locks/unlocks more predictably in corners after it's been run hard. Since the HD's have the torsen type LSD you actually have a lot more flexibility in the fluid you run and the LSD operation. I'd rather have the 75W140 if I was towing heavy in the heat personally for the added film strength/gear cushioning.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question. My tick is back again for about 4 to 5 seconds after start up and then stops. Is this just the lifters getting pressurize or should I start looking at manifold bolts

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Royal purple told me exactly what you said. Champ labs will be distributing the filters from now on.

But i don’t believe it until i see it.

Yeah, why would they take down fitament chart? Bad look for RP anyway you look at it. I mean Paper filters should be outlawed, literally, and instead it is hard to find a good synthetic option. Maybe it is lack of knowledge out there, if the general public new about the benefits of spun microglass, nobody except the darwin award winners would be buying paper, unless the person was on the old 3k interval.