Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 995 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was racking up miles in record time now that im moved into my new house and driving further to work but mileage will not be changing for a little while now that i got the rona

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
From the WEBSITE:

Schaeffer’s oils are formulated with proprietary friction modifiers Micron Moly and Penetro to reduce wear and friction on bearings, rings, pistons, cylinders and valve-trains.

ITS a FULL SYNTHETIC !!! Never used a blend in any of my cars.

All my cars run full syn oils no matter the mileage, but ONE brand does not fit them all.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
From what I understand, it’s just a semi-synthetic or a synthetic blend. Nothin special by no means.

Schaeffer’s oils are formulated with proprietary friction modifiers Micron Moly and Penetro to reduce wear and friction on bearings, rings, pistons, cylinders and valve-trains.

Their claim to fame is less wear on the start up, less sludge and less break down at higher temps
I run FULL sun in all my cars, no mater the miles on them.

Hmm. How?...lol. Starts up when cold easier and less noise: 2013 Ram Hemi

I guess my 18 loved that PUP 5w-20. Although, Blackstone did tell me in my last analysis that the iron content was still a little high at being almost 3 years old with 29,000 miles on it. I did tell them later in a phone conversation that I do a bit of idling because I take full advantage of my remote start and I do have a fairly short commute to and from work.

I’m using Amsoil 5w20 Signature Series in it right now and I guess it likes that. Can’t really tell any differences in how it runs.

Are you using the 20w or the 30w? 5w-20 in the RAM, 0w-40 in the 6.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the 40 years of oil changes seen cars do strange thing across certain brands.

So try to find the RIGHT brand to fix the oil burning, sludge or lack of zinc in the oil.

Still not found the PERFECT brand for the 30 things in the yard that need oil........LOL

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From the WEBSITE:

ITS a FULL SYNTHETIC !!! Never used a blend in any of my cars.

All my cars run full syn oils no matter the mileage, but ONE brand does not fit them all.

From what I understand, if a synthetic oil isn’t completely PAO based, it’s not truly a full synthetic oil.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There are some advantages to group 4 and 5 base oils, but you can dress up group 3 to perform as good in many situations. In the hemi, it appears sometimes group 4 and 5 with great additives is needed to kill the ticks. But, if group 3 with a stout additive package keeps it smooth, nuff said. Main thing is it isn't conventional oil with impurities, whether you want to call it synthetic, GtL, hydro cracked or group 3 doesn't really matter, how it performs and keeps an engine clean is what matters.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are some advantages to group 4 and 5 base oils, but you can dress up group 3 to perform as good in many situations. In the hemi, it appears sometimes group 4 and 5 with great additives is needed to kill the ticks. But, if group 3 with a stout additive package keeps it smooth, nuff said. Main thing is it isn't conventional oil with impurities, whether you want to call it synthetic, GtL, hydro cracked or group 3 doesn't really matter, how it performs and keeps an engine clean is what matters.

So what are some group three oils with a stout additive package? I’m assuming this Schaefer’s 9000 is a group 4 that’s full PAO, isn’t it?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
3 new filters in the Fram oil filter lineup

Racing
Force
Titanium

https://www.fram.com/products/consumer-products/

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Looks like the Fram titanium for the win, both the other ones are blends with paper in there. The racing one allows for 200psi, I just don't know the need for that in my ram, plus I don't do paper even if it is a blend. I don't see the difference between titanium and ultra other then the grip, which is very nice.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Looks like the Fram titanium for the win, both the other ones are blends with paper in there. The racing one allows for 200psi, I just don't know the need for that in my ram, plus I don't do paper even if it is a blend. I don't see the difference between titanium and ultra other then the grip, which is very nice.

I agree, I’m sticking to the ultra if I ever need a fram.....until the titanium can be proven to be better.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
WHAT DAY IS IT?!? Sorry I’ve been away guys, I’ve been on nights and had only one day off in the last Month.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

he is still alive, whew

Yeah my wife as well for post office, right now 7 days a week no lie. She will luckily get tomorrow off first day off in 14 days, then she gets veteran's day which is Wednesday I believe. If she gets home in 12 hours we feel lucky, most days have been 14,15,16 hour days.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
WHO owns 3.6 and WHY ??? We are dealing with Hemi oiling issues.

Others JUST need to follow manufacturing recommendations.

Oil weight should never change in ANY newer car, Brands or PRICE is up to u.

My oil changes hover little over $100, just drink cheaper beer...............

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
WHO owns 3.6 and WHY ??? We are dealing with Hemi oiling issues.

Others JUST need to follow manufacturing recommendations.

Oil weight should never change in ANY newer car, Brands or PRICE is up to u.

My oil changes hover little over $100, just drink cheaper beer...............

Thanks for that worthless dribble.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sooo what weight oil are you guys running in your 3.6s ? Will 5w30 work alright in it or are you guys sticking to 5w20.
FCA originally specd the 3.6 in the minivans for 5w30 but switched to 5w20 and now 0w20. So a 30wt oil is no problem in the 3.6.

However I've been using 0w20 in my wife's 2017 and the 2020 while it's under warranty. When that's up I'm switching it to 0w30.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sooo what weight oil are you guys running in your 3.6s ? Will 5w30 work alright in it or are you guys sticking to 5w20.

In my 14 Wrangler with 3.6, I ran 5W30 Mobil 1 and it did great. No issues and the loss in mileage was more the tires than oil

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40