Votes: 401 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 997 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rod Knock

Reaction score
Unfortunately they only sell in 6qt packs, or 12, and I need 7 lol. Not sure I want to try getting 12 qts if I end up not liking it.
You can get it in gallon jugs as well, 4x1 gallon is two oil changes with a little bit left over. If you're running a big oil filter then you should run 7.5 quarts, not 7 quarts.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If you get his autograph can you ask for two so I can have one?

Rod Knock

Reaction score
I believe super car is what the overkill dude is running. I just follow orders.
If you get his autograph can you ask for two so I can have one?

Laugh all you want. At least a lubricant manufacturer blended a custom motor oil for him and put his name on the bottle. It's called "Overkill 0W-20," and it's fantastic!

Next oil change, I am putting the "Overkill 0W-20" in our RAM 1500. It makes that HEMI 5.7 purr like a kitten! :D

1658856134871.png

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why super car formula? Just curious obviously I know squat about hpl. What are all of their lineups?
It uses a full saps euro add pack along with loads of moly and not sure what other FMs. Id love to see a VOA. Their pcmo however is no slouch. Its a long drain oil top of the line base stocks. Tbn or 14 starting. ~900 ppm cacium and 2200 magnesium and api sp levels of zddp. 600 ppm of moly as well

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
This sounds amazing, like my new oil.

" Tbn or 14 starting. ~900 ppm cacium and 2200 magnesium and api sp levels of zddp. 600 ppm of moly as well"

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Many guys have to make a choice with these expensive oils leaving family budgets. Do I opt for a cheap oil and filter and do it twice a year, or maybe extend the interval and use an expensive oil? that hpl looks like the new champion for a long interval. HPL took the best of redline and the best of amsoil and mixed them? Ester based and moly with super high tbn, 2 tbn higher then already high amsoil. The juice is worth the squeeze, if the info we have now holds true, that 11 bucks difference is nothing. The cost of bg moa would likely put redline above the hpl. Is there stat sheets on hpl and lineups? At this point it is just promising, until I see a ram owner with a uoa it is just theory. This aint BITOG, call a spade a spade here, HPL looks like the ace of spades, best card in the deck. Millers quality with a much more reasonable price tag.

Amazon HPL 5w30

Amazon Redline 5w30

8451pre_5cd6dc172b6ca06.jpg

Rod Knock

Reaction score
I'm baffled how you manage to connect the dots. Only you could come to such self-contradictory conclussions.

Logic isn't your thing, is it?

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

They also said when posting the elemental analysis "To answer the questions in advance the aluminum content comes with the high concentration of Molybdenum. It is part of that raw material. The 7 ppm Silicon is defoamer."

I believe they also use around 150 ppm of boron as well. This is an analysis for their pcmo oils. They use this ad pack for 3 performance levels. The premium plus line uses star polymer VII and PAO/POE/AN

Attachments

• A745112D-CAE1-45BF-AE0A-FB0307CCF755.jpeg
    A745112D-CAE1-45BF-AE0A-FB0307CCF755.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 6

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Did anybody talk to HPL lately to see what's up with selling to consumer market (recall I said when I talked to them, they only sold to shops)?

Edit - nevermind - they HAVE started marketing to us!

"Advanced Lubrication is one of High Performance Lubricants, LLC’s distributors. We are a service oriented organization with the customers satisfaction as our number one goal. The best lubricants in the world coupled with excellent service and support is a hard combination to beat."

Edit (2) - I sent them a note asking to summarize differences between their 4 gasoline engine oils (sans euro).

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Did anybody talk to HPL lately to see what's up with selling to consumer market (recall I said when I talked to them, they only sold to shops)?

Edit - nevermind - they HAVE started marketing to us!

"Advanced Lubrication is one of High Performance Lubricants, LLC’s distributors. We are a service oriented organization with the customers satisfaction as our number one goal. The best lubricants in the world coupled with excellent service and support is a hard combination to beat."
you musta missed my post, you can buy it on amazon.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Another good area is if someone doesnt want the zinc, hpl latest spec zinc 400ppm less then redline. Zinc isnt terribly helpful in hemi tick and cam issues. I rather have super high moly and average zinc like the hpl formula.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Branded Royal Purple. Recall we're unsure what that means. Travis dug up an actual distributor of HPL in HPL bottles.
high performance lubes you can buy on amazon. 180 a case.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Well they need to come up with a better product name because when I searched that I got results for fetish wear, personal lubricant, and sex furniture :rolleyes:

I couldn't find HPL on Amazon except for Royal Purple re-branded (?) HPL. @Travis8352 website = Advanced Lubricants does sell HPL, but HPL doesn't list them as an authorized dealer. Then HPL on their own site says you can buy direct. WTAF is going on, here? A bunch of engineers and chemists trying to market products?

Edit: there are two websites using HPL in different forms. The one discussed here is hplubricants.com in Illinois. The other one is HPLoil.com in Indiana. Apparently some trademark hijinks going on. The Illinois site is the one we've discussed - and Advanced Lubricants IS their nearest Distributor, as @Travis8352 noted earlier. Sorry for confusion - I hate software.

Last edited:

The Critic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque

They also said when posting the elemental analysis "To answer the questions in advance the aluminum content comes with the high concentration of Molybdenum. It is part of that raw material. The 7 ppm Silicon is defoamer."

I believe they also use around 150 ppm of boron as well. This is an analysis for their pcmo oils. They use this ad pack for 3 performance levels. The premium plus line uses star polymer VII and PAO/POE/AN
Just found this thread. I ordered their "Standard" PCMO 5W20 for my 2020 5.7 etorque since the additive strategy is the same across the Standard/Premium/Premium Plus lines. Supposedly all of their oils are long-drain capable. At least according to HPL, the main advantage of the Premium Plus (vs. Standard) is the cold-temp performance of the PAO....which I do not need for my climate. So I saved the $4.37/qt ($11.38 vs $15.61 shipped) and went with their Standard 5W20.

Last edited: