Votes: 404 14.5%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 161 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,000 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 664 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I don't live all that far from the N. Wilkesboro track. My son called me wanting me to go there with him today. I had to turn him down. I'm still boycotting NASCAR after being a fan for 45+ years.
why?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Great race and good fight as well, stenhouse gave kyle busch a nice tight hook and landed pretty good. That is that is the history of the allstar race, because no points are on the line, guys historically wreck each other more often and causes a lot of fights like about ten minutes ago. I have to say usually there is more beating and banging in allstar race, but still was a good race.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
I don't live all that far from the N. Wilkesboro track. My son called me wanting me to go there with him today. I had to turn him down. I'm still boycotting NASCAR after being a fan for 45+ years.

Yep, I'm not much into NASCAR either/anymore, and have also had been a fan for many years.

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
literally the least environmental choice right there based on how much electricity it takes to produce. Furthermore, due to current and expanding demand for electricity, even if you wanted to do some captain save a ho ocean tide to electric project, there will be better use of that electricity produced. There is only one reasonable way forward because one thing for sure the petroleum dance will stop at some point, and the answer is to grow your own fuel. The rare metals needed for solar production and storage of electricity also has a half life similar to petroleum reserves. We are already running out, who knows what will run out first these metals or ground oil? The future is corn fields my friend, or oil plants better known as Jatropha Curcas, as in grow your own diesel. There is no answer, even nuclear fuel is running out, yup it's true. 100 years from now, a blip in human history, every homestead will be figuring out how to grow their own gas or diesel. Anyone think otherwise, you have been listening way to much to merle haggard.

You are forgetting one thing. Renewable generation is going gangbusters. Over here electricity pricing is -ve during peak solar. There is simply no large scale storage other than pumped hydro, no matter what BS the pundits spruik about "big batteries" - they are tiny in the scheme of things. So when there is such a glut of energy during peak sun and peak wind (and peak tides etc), it doesn't really matter what the round-trip efficiency of Hydrogen creation is - it is simply an unlimited battery. So make as much as can be stored when energy is cheap, and use it to generate electricity when there is no renewable generation (when the sun is not shining and the wind is not blowing). Plus eventually hydrogen will also be able to be used to eliminate the difficult carbon emitters, those industries that are essential but need to burn (or otherwise use) gas. Steel production. Cement production. Refractories and/or brick production. Ammonium Nitrate production. All of these require large amounts of heat generated by burning fossil fuels or by cracking natural gas. All can be done by using Hydrogen instead. One example, in NSW we have a big ammonium nitrate (fertiliser and mine explosives) plant. It uses 15% of the Natural Gas used in the State, that can be replaced by Hydrogen, ie Ammonium Nitrate production from Hydrogen rather than cracking natural gas by removing CO2 (as a waste product).

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wind and Solar is only 14% of the USA grid, so we have no glut of peak solar that is throw away electricity to be used on hydrogen. Maybe some day we will, but with all of the knowledge we have today our cities still are lit up every night. Putting everyone in a EV wont help that at all, lol.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yep, I'm not much into NASCAR either/anymore, and have also had been a fan for many years.
If the race itself means anything, by far not close the best racing is now. The main difference is there seams to be very few men who drive, it seams like you get kids who are kids when the enter the sport and after twenty years they are still kids. Yes those old days were very special but now every series is just a total show. They made the Daytona 500 the first race instead of the last because many seasons the championship was over before the last race. Now, maybe they should consider running the Daytona 500 are the final race, now that would be a show. I'm hooked all 3 series and even arca, I mean it's the only thing worth watching on TV. Nest week lets see what Larsen can do, mind you his indy team is not very good not a main team, but indy 500 coke 600 in same day, lets see what the kid can do.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From an online article. I remember this well.

A driver is said to have done "Double Duty" when they compete in both races in the same weekend or on the same day. Tony Stewart is the only driver to successfully complete all 1,100 miles of both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 without being a lap down. He achieved this in 2001.

And another good article about all the NASCAR drivers to attempt a double duty.

20 Years Later, Tony Stewart's Improbable Indy 500, Coca-Cola 600 Record Still Stands​

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/ind...art-improbable-indy-500-coca-cola-600-record/

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Nascar's newest driver, first race ever for Brenden Queen from Virginia at historical wilkesboro, blue ridge mountains and he passed near 60 trucks to finish 4rth in his first nascar race. His nick name, butter bean, already has a following "bean nation". Nascar's finest sorts right there, you can just smell the south rising?

sts_queen_wilkesboro_220824.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
From an online article. I remember this well.

And another good article about all the NASCAR drivers to attempt a double duty.

20 Years Later, Tony Stewart's Improbable Indy 500, Coca-Cola 600 Record Still Stands​

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/ind...art-improbable-indy-500-coca-cola-600-record/
this kid is something else, a few weeks ago the closest race ever in spectacular fashion, a couple weeks before that pitted on a road course with 2 laps to go on a caution and yes won the race, the most unbelievable thing I ever seen. Passed the field in two laps and took the checkers.

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wind and Solar is only 14% of the USA grid, so we have no glut of peak solar that is throw away electricity to be used on hydrogen. Maybe some day we will, but with all of the knowledge we have today our cities still are lit up every night. Putting everyone in a EV wont help that at all, lol.

Agree, but the USA is just one country and you have the luxury/legacy of nuclear power.

Putting everyone in an EV doesn't work I agree, but putting most everyone in a Hydrogen PHEV or Hybrid might. However just like battery tech for mobile vehicles, Hydrogen tech for cars is not advanced enough. Yet. It might be 10 or 15 years away but the day will come when you won't want a petrol or diesel vehicle. Just like the day eventually came where steam replaced horses and then IC engines replaced steam.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
An interesting oil.
Real nice, especially when you see how the product cleans from the bottom up, whereas redline si-1 cleans from the top down, at least when it comes to rings. And best part both products mentioned cleans slowly, do no damage.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

From my owners manual:

"We recommend you use API Certified SAE 5W-20 Engine Oil, meeting the requirements of FCA Material Standard MS-6395 ..........."

Valvoline restore and protect is certified for MS-6395 in 5w20 and 5w30.

After I use up the PUP with my next oil change, I may have to try this, unless someone finds something wrong with the Valvoline. Heck, I may put the PUP in the wife's car and switch next oil change.

But, for me, that will be about two years away.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back during "the great recession", I had a used car lot. Decent used cars were non-existent because of the "Cash for Clunkers" deal, which ruined independent car lots.

I started selling mopeds because of high gas prices. They were selling as fast as I could get them put together.

The engines are shipped here with vegetable oil in the crankcase. I always switched that out for Valvoline 15w40 Premium Blue diesel oil.

I never had a comeback for any crankcase related problems.

I did have people with cylinder problems that didn't believe me when I stressed to only use premium gas from a dedicated premium pump. Too much compression and heat in regular gas for those engines.

My distributor was ordering all his units with hi compression 60cc engines instead of the standard 50cc engines.

All I had to do was have a customer test drive mine, then send them down the road to the next dealer to try out their 50cc. The customer always came back.

Some of the mopeds...Mopeds.JPG

Last edited:

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So this is a topic buried in this thread I assume. I took a jaunt over the boarder last weekend and in Walmart and some auto parts stores - Pep Boys, Nappa, O'Reilys - there was Pennzoil 'Platinum' oil but nobody had PUP. So why isn't it on shelves in the US again?? So far availible on shelves all over up in Canada. Just wondering cause I am curious if they will make it scarce up here too.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Dont really know why bud, Pennzoil surely has no power on the shelf against most other oils. Perhaps they just fail at marketing side of things. PP is the line that has everything while Ultra's only claim to fame is srt oil. To be honest if it wasnt for 0w40 pup they probably would have discoed it.

Yardbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pennzoil and Quaker State ruined themselves with their sludge making oil years ago.

IMHO, they have not distanced themselves enough from those times with their marketing, IE, "This isn't your grampaw's/dad's oil. It's completely new technology from top to bottom".

Or something to the like.

I never would have tried Pennzoil in my truck if it wasn't for this thread on this forum. I've torn into too many engines to clean out the crud that ran Pennzoil and Quaker State in the old days.