Table saw work table

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
So I know we have quite a few handy members here so...Have a small table saw and miter saw and trying to clean my garage up so want to build a table to mount my table saw and miter saw. Looking at about 6-8' long. Anyone have pics and maybe a materials list? Saw a few videos where the saws are mounted to a hinged platform to drop them down out of the way to give a full size flat workbench. Doubt I will go that route but will consider it. I only use my saws a few times a year but currently I keep them stored under a workbench but getting too hard on the back to pull them out when I do need them and also want to get rid of the bench that they are stored under. Plan to put this bench on locking wheels too so I can move it out to give room to either cross cut or rip cut an 8'er. Also want to install some slipperier surface to help material slide across the top. Something like a laminate top of some sort.

Thanks!

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have been hobby woodworking for about 30 years and have built a few tables like you are talking about but you'll not like what I have now. If you send me some dimensions of your storage area and shop layout. I'll design something for you. PM me if you'd like and we'll talk.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have a 'shop'. per se. Was planning to build about a 6' by 30" or so wide. It will go between my man door and air compressor against the wall. Kind of put it on the back burner for now as I'm installing a mini split AC unit myself before the guys come and do my siding in a few weeks...lol. Too many projects going on right now. Wind blew siding off so that is at the top of the list now.

Thinking of something like this but a little smaller > 1652752522553.png

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I don't have a 'shop'. per se. Was planning to build about a 6' by 30" or so wide. It will go between my man door and air compressor against the wall. Kind of put it on the back burner for now as I'm installing a mini split AC unit myself before the guys come and do my siding in a few weeks...lol. Too many projects going on right now. Wind blew siding off so that is at the top of the list now.

Thinking of something like this but a little smaller > View attachment 493518
Love that bench ! And the casters on it make it perfect ! And looks easy enough to make.I have 4 spare locking caster hanging in tne basement I could use lol

For your Mini Split FYI I think you will love it. Love mine! I have a Mitsubishi MH12. Not real great when temps start dropping below 30* but works :) My normal Oil Bill is for 600/700 gal oil a year. But I have not use 1 full tank yet :) At $4.00/$5.00 a gallon that would be between 600/800$ a month My highest electric bill was 200$ +or - So I am saving a average $400.00 a month depending on the market !
The key with the split is get is cleaned every 1 to 2 years ! Clean the filters monthly and as you know tons of info on Google

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love that bench ! And the casters on it make it perfect ! And looks easy enough to make.I have 4 spare locking caster hanging in tne basement I could use lol

For your Mini Split FYI I think you will love it. Love mine! I have a Mitsubishi MH12. Not real great when temps start dropping below 30* but works :) My normal Oil Bill is for 600/700 gal oil a year. But I have not use 1 full tank yet :) At $4.00/$5.00 a gallon that would be between 600/800$ a month My highest electric bill was 200$ +or - So I am saving a average $400.00 a month depending on the market !
The key with the split is get is cleaned every 1 to 2 years ! Clean the filters monthly and as you know tons of info on Google
I currently have an AC/heat combo unit in that room but it's over 20 years old but we have a gas log fireplace we use to heat that room. We rarely ever use the AC unit for heat and probably won't. We set the fireplace on 3 and leave it on all winter. But that old unit is well, pretty old and since we are replacing the siding I will be pulling it out and siding over the hole in the wall.
Our electric was .18/kwH a few years ago so probably over .20 now so in my town we avoid using electric as much as possible. Our electric is owned by the town and they jack it up to pay the towns salaries. Our population is only about 8000 and we have 9 police officers but most are making over $100,000 with the Lt having made $170,000 last year and they don't even handle major crimes. It's all a racket that the Lt devised so they could make bank. In fact, talk to many police depts in PA and they will say our PD has the best contract in the state. But anyway, I bought a rental house years ago and tried to get the electric turned on and they told me that I had to pay the past owners bill ($227). I called the PA PUC and they said that was illegal. They asked who my electric provider was and when I told them they said, oh, they are privately owned and can do what they want. So yeah, no electric here unless there isn't another option...lol

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Way too many in office have their scams down pat to line their pockets

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently have an AC/heat combo unit in that room but it's over 20 years old but we have a gas log fireplace we use to heat that room. We rarely ever use the AC unit for heat and probably won't. We set the fireplace on 3 and leave it on all winter. But that old unit is well, pretty old and since we are replacing the siding I will be pulling it out and siding over the hole in the wall.
Our electric was .18/kwH a few years ago so probably over .20 now so in my town we avoid using electric as much as possible. Our electric is owned by the town and they jack it up to pay the towns salaries. Our population is only about 8000 and we have 9 police officers but most are making over $100,000 with the Lt having made $170,000 last year and they don't even handle major crimes. It's all a racket that the Lt devised so they could make bank. In fact, talk to many police depts in PA and they will say our PD has the best contract in the state. But anyway, I bought a rental house years ago and tried to get the electric turned on and they told me that I had to pay the past owners bill ($227). I called the PA PUC and they said that was illegal. They asked who my electric provider was and when I told them they said, oh, they are privately owned and can do what they want. So yeah, no electric here unless there isn't another option...lol
Live rural, actually have a down force Trailer Unit AC/HEAT for the house. Since rural, I pay budget electric bill about $115.00 a month. It costs me X2 to heat house vs cool. Since rural, I have "propane" heat, and that is where somebody takes away my "lunch" money. Every time fill dat propane tank, just ugly. Of course run AC 10-11 months a year here, but it does tend to get up to 110. Have old pole barn garage with benches on 1 side and some in the back with a mounted vice. I do have a Craftsman unit setup for Miter Saw that is actually new sitting in the box, just neva made it out yet. Have a table saw on a stand with casters can roll around in the garage. Nothing fancy, but works. Maybe some day, I get ambitious and clean up dat mess, the joys of being rural, and a widow.

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Thinking of something like this but a little smaller > View attachment 493518
Ya perfect.. what's important is the base.. go out if your way to stiffen it.. like a grid box

Jared Worley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you didn't already build one. I highly recommend buying a used contractor saw (rear motor) instead of the tiny bench tops. Easy to service and upgrade over time if you desire.

OP
OP
dhay13

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't built it yet but funny you posted this. Might start on it this weekend. Already have my saws. 10" Ryobi table saw and 12" Ryobi mitre saw. Will post pics when I'm done but might take a few weeks

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just have a old Craftsman metal work table
it is easy to fit a 7" Skill saw or a large router into it
It also has a remote Foot Switch & a switch on the table for doing close work

Spsully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Message me on fb.... account info in my profile. I'll show you my 4x8 with sliding cross cut and 52" rip capacity. I also have fusion360 drawings of it..