Tazer with AEV Bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astrayer1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone used the AEV Bypass Kit with the Tazer for the Ram 2500?

I have an 18 PW, and already have an AEV Bypass kit on the way, and was hoping to make sure it works before i buy a Tazer.

I know AlfaOBD is cheaper, but i like some of the functions Tazer has.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone used the AEV Bypass Kit with the Tazer for the Ram 2500?

I have an 18 PW, and already have an AEV Bypass kit on the way, and was hoping to make sure it works before i buy a Tazer.

I know AlfaOBD is cheaper, but i like some of the functions Tazer has.
Looking at the AEV install instructions, it won’t work for anything other than their procal. This is because they are adding the CAN IHS connector to spots 1&9 on the OBD connector, and no other product or scan tool utilizes those pin positions.

OP
OP
A

astrayer1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looking at the AEV install instructions, it won’t work for anything other than their procal. This is because they are adding the CAN IHS connector to spots 1&9 on the OBD connector, and no other product or scan tool utilizes those pin positions.

Jimmy,

I was told it works with Alfaobd as well, so thats why i am curious if it works with tazer

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Jimmy,

I was told it works with Alfaobd as well, so thats why i am curious if it works with tazer
Unless I’m looking at the wrong product, if this is what you’re talking about- https://www.aev-conversions.com/aev-ram-procal-now-compatible-2018-ram-trucks/

According to the instructions in that video, I can’t see it working with anything else. Also, they are only bypassing the CAN IHS. Any module that’s on CAN C won’t be bypassed, so you’d be limited on some changes you could make.